Entry 2

Maria decided the night she arrived to adjust her sleeping schedule to match the vampires

Maria decided the night she arrived to adjust her sleeping schedule to match the vampires. They couldn't go out in the sun without some severe burns, so they were pretty much forced to live a nocturnal lifestyle. It would be the best way to fit in, and to get the know them. The closer she got to them, the more information she'd be able to gather from them.

After staying up for over an entire day, it was surprisingly easy to fall asleep a few hours after sunrise. When she woke up around six p.m., she felt disoriented, but surprisingly well rested. She could already hear the vampires stirring below her in the house, so she got up and dressed herself, slipping back into her compound dress, since it was all she had.

When she left her room, she tried to quietly open to door to Carmen's room in an attempt not to wake her in case she was still sleeping. It didn't work, however, as she groggily pulled herself upright as Maria tried to sneak by.

"Sorry, I was trying not to wake you up." She apologized as she made it through the room.

"S'okay." Carmen yawned. "I don't want to miss breakfast again anyway."

Breakfast Maria thought to herself with a shudder. She hoped she wouldn't be on the menu. As she slipped out the door, Carmen said.

"See you downstairs."

Maria simply gave her a shaky smile.

Once she was downstairs, she cut her way to the dining room. Immediately she was greeted with a room full of people. Their chatter immediately cut off when they saw her.

Among them, she saw Mrs. Virgie, Switchblade, as well as three new people she hasn't seen the night before. One was a girl who was seated at the table, who appeared to be a teenager. Her red hair was in braids, and from what Maria could tell she appeared to be wearing a simple black and white dress.

Next to a counter, a man and woman were looking over at her and whispering to each other. The man had long, straight, black hair and pale skin. He was dressed in a uniform, some kind of company polo and pressed khakis, thick glasses resting on his face. The girl beside him had dark skin, and long, tightly curled hair. She too wore a uniform, but she was wearing jeans and a red polo, with some kind of badge.

"Good morning, Maria." Mrs. Virgie said to her as she walked in. "I had Switchblade get some groceries yesterday, so there's food if you'd like to make some breakfast."

"Uh, Thanks. Thank you." She said, forcing a smile. It was hard not to feel like a spectacle. She wasn't used to having so many eyes on her at once.

"I wasn't sure what you like, so I just grabbed a bunch of random shit." He said.

"I wish you'd wear a shirt at the dinner table." The red headed girl piped up.

"It's not 1950 anymore, Clementine." Switchblade snorted. "People don't have to wear shirts if they don't want to. I'm sure you'll be cooking congealed salad for us next."