Entry 10

Maria woke up the next day still tangled in Carmen's arms

Maria woke up the next day still tangled in Carmen's arms. It had gotten surprisingly warm under the covers, and she didn't want to get up. Carmen was already awake, groggily stroking the back of her head, running her spindly fingers through her hair.

"We slept too late." Carmen said, her voice a bit raspier than it usually was.

"What?" Maria said, trying to sit upright.

"Well, I slept too late." Carmen chuckled. "The sun is up."

"Oh no." Maria said, surprised to realize that she was genuinely worried. "What do we do? Do we have to wait here until night time?"

"No, it'll be fine." Carmen sat up. "Can I wear your cloak? I probably won't get burned too badly if we take a cab."

Maria frowned. "I don't want you to get burned at all."

"It's fine, really. I just fed. It'll be like a sunburn." Carmen said. Her eyes were far off, and her fingers reached up to brush against the band aid that covered the small wound she'd left on Maria's neck. Maria flushed, remembering what she'd said the night before about enjoying biting in a sexual way.

"If you're sure..."

Maria finally managed to pull herself completely out of the bed, quickly remembering that she'd fallen asleep in her bra. She went to grab her t-shirt from the chair in the corner, but Carmen stopped her.

"We should switch shirts." Carmen said. "So you can use my turtleneck to cover your neck."

"Good idea." Maria said, a hint of a smile twitching at her lips. She couldn't help it. Sneaking around like this was more exhilarating than she'd thought it would be. It sent a small spark through her, like when she rubbed her feet on the carpet and then grabbed a door handle.

She handed her shirt over to Carmen, and she watched as Carmen peeled off her black turtleneck and passed it over to her. Maria tried to hide her surprise when she realized Carmen wasn't wearing a bra, turning her burning cheeks away as she slipped her shirt on.

Someone besides Switchblade has their nipples pierced.

She shook her head, like she could shake the image away the way you did with an etch-e-sketch.

"What would happen if someone found out what we did?" Maria asked. She awkwardly scratched at her neck. The fibers of the turtle neck were slightly irritating as they pulled on the band aid and rubbed against the still fresh wound.

"It would probably all depend on you." Carmen said, gathering Maria's cloak around her and pulling up the hood. It didn't skim the ground like it did on Maria, instead falling just a little bit above her mid calf.

"Depend on me?" Maria said.

"Yeah. As long as you didn't press charges they probably couldn't do much." Carmen said. "If you didn't tell them that I was the one who did it, they couldn't charge me. And as long as you didn't say whether it was consensual, they couldn't prove involvement from your end."