Entry 13

Maria nervously stood in front of Raven and Edwin's door, almost changing her mind

Maria nervously stood in front of Raven and Edwin's door, almost changing her mind. But she didn't. She had questions, and she was fairly certain Raven was the most sexually educated person in the coven, and therefore the one who could give her the best answers.

But she was also the most intimidating. She was aggressive and open, and blatantly sexual in a way that scared Maria. There was also the matter that she was a convicted felon, for what, Maria had no idea.

She could be dangerous.

The thought crossed her mind that Raven could be a serial biter. She could have been walking into her death by being alone with her.

She took a steadying breath, and knocked on the door. There was some shuffling before the door cracked open, a tired looking Raven peering out at her.

"Maria?" Raven said, stifling a yawn.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Maria said. "I know it's pretty early for the weekend."

"It's okay." Raven said. "I was going to get up soon anyway. I don't like sleeping in too late. Did you need something?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something." Maria said, looking down at the ground instead of at Raven. "But it's kind of weird. Okay... it's really weird."

"Oh really?" Raven perked up. "What is it?"

Maria nervously glanced down the hallway. Even though there wasn't anyone there, she felt naked and exposed, like everyone already knew what terrible things she was thinking of without even being near her. Raven took notice of her reluctance to offer anymore information.

"Do you want to come in?" She opened the door further. "Edwin's at work right now, so it'll be just the two of us."

"Yes, thank you." She nodded and ducked inside.

Raven walked over to the bed, wearing black sweats and a band t-shirt, and sat down, patting the spot beside her. Maria nervously sat beside her, careful to avoid touching her.

"So what's on your mind?" Raven said.

Maria tried to swallow the lump in her throat. She was sure her face was already blood red. Her shame must have been so obvious on her face, but she forced herself to just go ahead and get it out.

"I wanted to... ask you for advice." Maria said slowly, quite literally forcing the words out of her mouth. "About... sex."

"Oh." Raven said. Her face was hard to read, and Maria wondered if she'd made a mistake by coming here. "Why me?"

"You just... seem pretty open about it." Maria said. "Like maybe you know a lot about... that sort of thing."

"Oh really?" Raven finally gave her an amused smile. "What did you need to know?"