Entry 19

The week went by, and before Maria knew it, Saturday came

The week went by, and before Maria knew it, Saturday came. She woke up early, when the sun was still up, and was careful not to wake Carmen up as she got out of bed.

This past week she had slept in Carmen's bed every night, to the extent Carmen had suggested she just move her things down into her room. Maria was considering it.

Ever since the police had paid them a visit, Carmen seemed to be abstaining from touching her too much, so they had done little more than kiss or hug. Though she hadn't confronted her about it, she was sure now that Switchblade had been right; Carmen was having trouble holding back from biting her.

Maria dressed herself, and glanced over at where Carmen was splayed out on the bed, her head resting on her arm.

How cute! Maria thought. Maybe it's morbid, but there's a part of me that wouldn't if she bled me dry.

She tore her gaze away from the sleeping vampire, and left to look for the person she wanted to talk to.

Switchblade was outside, behind the house, standing in the boxy shadow cast by the house.

"Hi." She swallowed.

"Oh, hey." He said when he saw her, rubbing the back of his head. "What's up?"

"I thought you might be in the garden." She said as she walked down the porch, "I wanted to help you."

"Okay." He said with a nod. "Do you think you could get that potting soil from the shed for me?"

She smiled. "Sure."

Together they quietly weeded the garden for a few minutes before Switchblade finally spoke up,

"What's your favorite flower?" He asked.

"I, uh." Maria said. "I really like snapdragons."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm. When I was a little kid I used to pretend that they were actual tiny dragons, and if you got too close while you were gardening they would try and bite your hands." She said.

"That's pretty cute." He said distantly, a small smile on his mouth. "I like daisies best."

"Why?" She asked.

He shrugged. "I dunno. Just think they're neat, I guess."

They sat in silence for a few more minutes before Switchblade spoke up again.

"Listen, about the other day, I'm really sorry that I just—"

"It's okay!" She rushed to say, bringing her hands up in an effort to stop him. "Please, Just don't bring it up again."

"Alright." He chuckled. "I was just starting to get worried you were never going to talk to me again."

"I thought about it." She grumbled, looking to the side as her face heated up.