Bonus

I had just got back home from school. My dad had taken me to McDonald's on our way home and my happy meal box was taken inside in both my hands. My dad followed me in the house.

Looking up at the stairs that went to the second floor, I see my mom with a suitcase. "You're really doing this Angelica? You're going to leave your daughter?" My dad said. Leave? Where was mom going?

I look at the expression of seldom my mother had and she dared not look me in the eye. "She's the apple of your eye Daniel. She'll be fine with you."

"You're leaving a week before her birthday Angelica! And all you can say is she'll be fine!" I look up at my dad and see his face. My eyes feel the prickling feeling of tears. "Daddy? Where's mom going?"

My dad looks down at me and his face goes soft. He hugs me tightly, cradling my head against his shoulder "Angelica, please, divorce me. I don't care if you never want to see me again, but don't put Amy through this. She's only 11." I hear my dad plead to my mom.

"Goodbye Daniel" was all mom said before she grabbed her bag and walked out the door.

The last thing I saw was the back of my mom walking out the door and to her car. Her long brown hair tied neatly in a bun, not once looking back.

I didn't know that I would never see my mother's blue eyes again. Or hear her singing Selena Quintanilla songs again. Or get to play softball with her.

She left without a goodbye. The only things I got that made sure I knew she wasn't dead was the simple birthday cards and money she sent. Cards that didn't even have any hand written words or meaning. Cards that she sent because she felt obligated. Money I didn't want from the women who abandoned her daughter.

---------

A/n: i'm starting to like doing bonus chapter. What about you guys?