Chapter Two - A jewel blossoms

I don't own the Marvel Universe. If I did I really wouldn't know what to do with it.

Start of Time line - 2003

Ages of some mentioned characters in this chapter:

Shuri - 3

OC - 9

Eric, Ayo and Nakia - 18

T'Challa, Okoye and W'Kabi - 19

M'Baku - 21

People speaking - "I am the Black Panther"

People thinking - 'More like a glorified kitty cat'

Celestials/Cosmic Entities/gods speaking - "How dare you say such sacrilege!?"

Celestials/Cosmic Entities/gods thinking - 'Did I say that out loud?'

CHAPTER TWO

9 years later, Panther District, Wakanda, 12 of August, 2003

Across the farming fields, farmers tended to their crops in the early Tuesday morning. Nothing seemed to distract them from their job ....except for the running of the little 9-year old girl that greeted them as she passed them by.

"Ekuseni ezimnandi nonke", said Azuka. "Mholo ngalentsasa, Azuka", they said. The last farmer she passed, greeted her in a different manner, "Slow down, child. We can't have you injuring yourself by running and falling".

"Sorry uncle Silumko. I am late to meet my baba and mama. I want to avoid another scolding from mama". Said uncle answered back, "I understand but it is not right to run. Calm down and walk. You can even use me as an excuse to get out of trouble. I will help you out."

"You are the jewel of Wakanda. There is no doubt that you will grow to become the beauty that many already see in you. Don't blemish that face, young one", stated the woman next to Silumko. His wife called Funeka.

She blushed at the compliment but thanked them for their help as she fast-walked towards the train unit that would take her to Mount Kanda, the land of the heart-shaped herb and her home.

20 minutes later, The Garden of the Heart-Shaped Herb, Mount Kanda

'Thank the gods for fast transportation. Only five minutes left', Azuka thought as she turned the corner towards one of the huts near the garden. Well it is called a hut more in its design that in its modernity, considering it was a two-story building.

Getting closer to the hut, she saw her father with King T'Chaka having a conversation. Breaking into a jog to meet up with him, she collided with someone coming in front of her path.

"Why don't you watch where you are going?" That voice, Azuka realized, was Nakia's. "Ah!! Well, well. If it isn't the jewel of Wakanda", said Nakia scathingly.

Azuka didn't know why Nakia disliked her. "Sorry for bumping into you", said a nervous jewel. "And why should I forgive?" she stated as she reached out, grabbing Azuka's arm in a tight grip.

"Stop it!! You are hurting me", cried Azuka. "And why should I care?", said a smirking Nakia.

"Because you are hurting my goddaughter", said a voice behind Nakia's back that made her expression change to one of horror as she quickly let go of Azuka. Azuka wasted no time and ran away to her father's side next to the king.

Nakia altered her expression to one of calmness as she turned to the voice. "My King", bowed the River Tribe heiress. "What were you trying to do with my goddaughter, Nakia?" he asked in full stern mode beside a frowning Zuri.