Chapter Ten - Of Trials and Decisions Pt. 3

People speaking - "Huh. It's a cat."

People thinking - 'Fury, that's not a cat!! It's a skrull!!'

Celestials/Cosmic Entities/gods speaking - "AHHHH!!!"

Celestials/Cosmic Entities/gods thinking - 'That is the story of how Nick Fury lost his eye.'

(Note this above short story was made up from Captain Marvel's movie trailer)

CHAPTER TEN

Still in the ancestral plane, Azuka's POV

Once more, I walked the bare lands of the Ancestral Plane, waiting for what this trial will throw at me next. I sigh in frustration as I contemplated on what I would do once I leave this place.

'I miss my family. I just want this to end so that I can embrace my mother and tell her that I am okay.' I was lost in the world of reminiscence to the point that I didn't even notice the slight change in scenery.

It wasn't until I felt the lack of sand on my bare feet that I noticed that the floors were wooden. I was in a room that had a strange architecture to it (I have no time to explain. If you have watch Doctor Strange, then it's the room that Strange met the Ancient One).

I suddenly sensed a presence behind me so I turned to see a feminine figure standing in place, dressed in white robes. She was bald like a Dora Milaje warrior and the most obvious thing about her was that she was Caucasian.

"Who are you?" I had to ask as I tried looking for the nearest exit if thing were to turns south. I had completely forgotten that I was in the ancestral plane. Everything had already turned south.

The woman smiled kindly at my nervous self as she spoke sweetly, "Calm down, little one. I am the Ancient One." Suddenly she sat in a seiza position in front of a low table as I looked at her, skeptical of her name. "It has been a long time since I got the name Ancient One that I have forgotten my birthname."

That did nothing to alleviate my confusion. She wasn't that old from my observation so how could she forget her name 'Is she a vampire or something? Like that chick in Queen of the Damned. She obviously can't be no elf cause she has no pointed ears. If she is, then they must have kicked her ass out of Rivendell cause she ain't got no hair' (To all who watched this old film and remember it, kudos to you. I think it came out during the year 2000. Idk)

"I am neither a vampire nor an elf, Azuka." I was stumped. How did she know what I was thinking? Is she a mind reader?

"I am not reading your mind either. I just took a guess at what you were thinking." Right, I totally believe you. Note the sarcasm in my inner voice.

The woman just gave a small smile full of mystery and mischief that further irritated me, "Do you know why I am here, Azuka?"

Shaking my head in a negative, she proceeded on, "This is to be your last and final trial. If you succeed, the fate of our world's future will rest on your shoulders."

Wow. No pressure there, none at all. Wait. I have been hanging around godfather too much. His sarcasm has infected me. At least it hasn't reached the stage of me voicing it out. Whew!! What a relief.

I was a little bit distracted by my thoughts since I didn't see the white lady suddenly appear at my front and literarily just shoved me back. It felt like my mind fell in a deep void of nothingness while my body was still falling.

 It felt like my mind fell in a deep void of nothingness while my body was still falling