Chapter Six - Dying to meet a goddess

People speaking – "Thanos!!!"

People thinking – 'There goes his hammer'

Celestials/Cosmic Entities/gods speaking – "Thor, aim for the head not the chest"

Celestials/Cosmic Entities/gods thinking – 'It's over'

CHAPTER SIX

"Okoye, you need to inform Lady Nceba to meet us at the Great Mound. It is best not to waste anymore time, I can't explained everything now. Hurry!" Ayo informed Okoye via call. "But what is go-", Ayo cut the call immediately.

Okoye had no choice but to quickly inform Nceba who had just arrive to her location about what was going on and they left towards the Mound as she thought, "What in the world is going?"

Bio-project room

Azuka grabbed the jutted out section of the walls, slowly reaching the ceiling. She was slowly having a panic attack as she held on for dear life. She was soaked and shivering from the cold liquid.

Said liquid was now had blue tint to it as the vibranium seemed to have dissolved in it. She had a harsh wake-up call that it wasn't water when she had accidentally opened her mouth.

She screamed her lungs out for help, hoping that someone would hear her but it was for naught. She cried silently for her parents and for her unborn brother, 'I will not get to see them again.'

Azuka had taken her last deep breath as the room was fully submerged. She held on for as long as she could, her lungs desperate for air, still hoping for a savior.

She couldn't last anymore as she exhaled. Her lungs started to fill up, choking for a nonexistent air as she slowly sank deeper. Her heart slowed, her consciousness faded and the life started to leave her eyes. The last thing on her mind was the image of her family.

All of a sudden, everything exploded in a bright light as the room was bathed in electricity, reacting with the vibranium mixture for further amalgamation and into her.

Everything restarted for her and pain came with it. 

Few minutes ago, Observation room

Zuri was still in a state of worry, constantly staring at the Border head, waiting for some form of news or update. M'Kathu cut the calls he had and shook his head in a negative gesture to Zuri.

"The rooms have been filled up, your highness. Should we proceed?" asked S'Yan as he readied his assistance. "Proceed", the king spoke in a hurry. He wanted to leave the vicinity and go look for his goddaughter. He would have left if not for the rooms being sealed off temporarily.

S'Yan gestured an affirmative to the other scientist. They typed away at their computers just as M'Kathu received a voicemail. Zuri stared as the man listened to his nephew's call.

As the scientist press the final button, M'Kathu shouted in alarm, "STOP THE PROJECT!!!" 

It was too late as the rooms were filled with a bright light and a great pressure that they all felt, even while hiding in a sealed room.

Outside the Lab

It was weird how they all touched down, three hoverjets all containing passengers with the same goal in mind for different reasons. Ayo's jet and team Nakia's jet were first to hit the ground, followed by Okoye and Nceba's jet.

It was comical how they all ran like men in a warzone to the labs with only four out of six of them knowing why they were running in the first place. Said four even had a war cry to the bewilderment of the guards and the pilots as they wondered what made their passengers run off in such unconventional way.