chapter six.

CHAPTER SIX

【CHAPTER SIX】

She's airborne for a terrifying moment, and so at lost with what's happening that she had no idea what to even do at a time like that. She hit glass, felt the little punctures against her exposed skin, and automatically put her arm over her eyes, hoping none would get too close to her face.

She yelped in pain as her back slammed against something cold and hard. She arched her back and groaned in pain as everything started to ache. "Jesus, fuck..." She muttered, turning around to lay on her stomach.

Immediately she recognized Natasha's bright red hair. The agent was also on her stomach, but looking much more composed than Sara, probably from her years of doing this type of work.

She put a finger to her ear, "I'm okay." Sara can see her leg trapped under some type of pipe and winced in sympathy. But Natasha is staring past her. Sara turned her head slowly to see Bruce groaning in pain and gripping the floor, but she saw his eyes, the green eyes. "We're okay, right?"

"Romanoff," Sara groaned, slowly pushing herself up in a sitting position. "I'm gonna - I'm gonna get it off of you."

Natasha nodded sharply but keeps her eyes locked on Bruce. "Doctor?" Her only response is his groan. Sara lifted her arms, and watched in relief as her powers instantly responded. She kept her left arm closer to her body and slowly pushed out her right one. Her powers easily wrapped itself around the pipe. "Bruce, you gotta fight it. This is just what Loki wants. We're gonna be okay. Listen to me."

Sara slowly raised her right arm, ignoring Natasha's attempt at comforting talk. She smiled as the pipe easily raised itself off of Natasha's leg. She moved the pipe to the side and let it clatter on the ground. Natasha tensed, still watching Bruce, and then quickly waved Sara away. The younger girl blinked in confusion, but understood as Bruce let out a inhuman growl.

Sara pushed herself up quickly, leaping over Bruce's curled up form. She glanced down at the ground below her and leaped down, using her magic to soften the fall. She bent her knees, and started sprinting. She heard the Hulk let out a large roar. She didn't look back, not a single thought of Natasha's wellbeing crossing her mind.

Sara paused when she came at a crossroad. She was completely lost. She cursed herself, she should've stayed with Natasha. She took in her surroundings, and almost cried at the site of a hole in the ceiling. Using her powers, she propelled herself upward and easily landed herself on the floor.

It was a mess. She grimaced, only her imagination providing her on just what could've happened on this floor. She started making her way down the floor, keeping an eye open for anymore holes in the ceilings. The higher up she was the better. Everything on this floor was eerily quiet with only an alarm blaring and random red lights flashing.

Then once again there was a large gaping hole in the ceiling. Sara quickly made her way to stand under it and realized that the hole not only went up one floor but two. Grinning, Sara pushed herself all the way up, easily trusting her powers to keep herself elevated. Stumbling onto the floor, Sara was kind of glad that this floor wasn't as wrecked as the ones under it.