chapter fourteen.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

【CHAPTER FOURTEEN】

The upside of being connected to Loki and having some alien blood in her was that apparently she healed quicker than an average human. It made some sense, the alien healing part, looking back on her past. All the cuts that healed in what seemed like seconds and the broken wrist that healed in half the time the doctors had said it would. It was no surprise that by the next morning her wound had healed enough for her to move around with only a dull throb of pain if she stretched her side.

She woke up that morning with a mission in mind, determination in her heart, and power in her soul. She was pleasantly surprised to see her favorite outfit already mended and folded neatly on an empty desk in her room. Slipping it on, she caught sight of a ribbon, a black one that would blend in with her hair quite nicely. With a soft smile, she pulled her hair into a high ponytail and neatly tied the ribbon around the strands. With a newfound confidence, she stepped out of her room into an empty hallway.

She kept her head down as she made her way through the castle, her months of living here finally aiding her in finding her way. She smiled at guards that stared too long, flirtatiously biting her lower lip to fluster them. Some fell to the bait while others only looked away with narrow eyes. It didn't matter to her, as long as they didn't question her and her intentions then she was fine.

When she saw the doorway to her destination, she was not surprised to find two guards standing in front of it. The had already caught sight of her and straightened up as she slowly made her way towards them. Not pausing in her step, even as they moved closer towards her, she put extreme trust in her powers and just went along with what felt instinctual for her.

"What are you -?" The guard to her left was cut off as she raised her hand, palm open and fingertips on his forehead. He choked, hand coming up to rest on his throat. The other guard exclaimed in shock, shooting forward, weapon raised. Not even flinching, she turned to him and raised her other hand in the same position. He, too, began to choke. The first guard's eyes rolled back into his head and she released her hold on him. The other guard fell to his knees but seemed to try his hardest to resist her powers. Sighing, almost as if bored, she squeezed her hand into a fist, purple magic bursting across his neck. His eyes finally rolled back and he fell forwards, unconscious.

She stared down at them for a moment, Loki's curiosity bubbling over her own fear. Swallowing it down, she stepped over the passed out bodies, pushing open the door that led down to the dungeons. With each step, she felt a tug in her chest and she knew this was the bond basically yearning to be as close to Loki as possible. They've been separated for far too long and with the collar off, everything felt amplified.

There was a soldier at the bottom of the stairs, his back to her as he stood tall on guard. Calmly, she made her way around him to stand in front of him. He startled and took a step back at her sudden appearance. She smiled sweetly at him and brought a hand up to rest on his cheek, her magic slithering around his neck like a python.