chapter eleven.

CHAPTER ELEVEN

【CHAPTER ELEVEN】

Sara laughed giddily as she stumbled to a stop, the power of magic and strength flowing through her very being. Her magic freely engulfed her in green and purple, a display to those who would dare oppose her. Her eyes glew their combined color leaving no room for anyone to assume she is also of Midgardian descent. The grass between her toes were soft and cool, leaving her connected to the magic of Asgard.

The back of her head tingled, a warning from her magic that something was coming at her. She spun around on the tips of her toes, her movements spewing grace, and threw up her hand, catching the incoming dagger with her magic. Loki stood a few feet ahead of her, a playful smirk gracing his features, his eyes glowing green.

"Better," He praised, fixing his stance. Then suddenly he disappeared in a flash of green. The cold tip of a dagger rested on the side of her throat, right above her collar and she stiffened, moving her head back. The dagger in the air suddenly dropped due to her being surprised. "But you let yourself celebrate victory too quickly. Focus." Loki shoved her forward and she quickly spun around, the dagger flying into her open palm.

"When will I get to do illusions?" Sara whined, twirling the dagger in between her fingers. It moved flawlessly, her fingers had mastered this movement weeks ago already. According to Loki, she was a quick learner, and if she could learn to teleport then she could easily learn how to do knife tricks.

Loki pointed the dagger in her direction, a look of annoyance overcoming his face. "When you've mastered teleportation. Illusions take immense concentration and power, though with your powers included it might be slightly easier for you to perform." The second his sentence ended, he flipped the dagger so he was holding the blade and threw it at her.

This time Sara caught the dagger at the handle with her hands. Loki disappeared again but this time Sara immediately turned around, holding out the two daggers towards the Loki that just appeared. He didn't let this phase him at all however and tossed Sara back with his magic. She growled as she flew in the air but easily fixed herself with her own. Loki took that opportunity to teleport behind her and snatched a dagger out of her hands. Using the dagger, he once again held it up to her throat while harshly grasping her other hand and used her own hand to hold the second dagger right above her belly button.

"Damn it," Sara cursed, blowing a loose strand of hair out of her face.

Sara had been on Asgard for a few months already and on the first night here both Loki and her had realized that their dreams intertwined. At first it had made her hesitant to even sleep and she missed a few nights of sleep out of fear and disgust of sharing dreams with Loki. Frigga, bless her beautiful kind soul, had begun to notice the bags under the eyes and how sluggish Sara was moving, and had made the girl a potion to help her sleep at night. She had assumed that the girl wasn't comfortable or felt safe enough to fall asleep. Sara had taken the potion for she couldn't exactly tell the queen of Asgard why she wasn't sleeping anymore.