chapter eight.

CHAPTER EIGHT

【CHAPTER EIGHT】

The glass under her shoe crunched, a bitter reminder of what had transpired earlier on. Junyoung immediately rushed through the building, a sense of familiarity for him as he made his way back over to the rooms from before. Sara chewed her bottom lip as she remembered Junyoung's mother. She wondered what the woman would think of her now.

She glanced around Stark's suite, wishing for a moment she had grown like this. Junyoung's mother must be extremely sweet for him not to end up totally like Stark. Sara turned towards the window, feeling for a moment a certain pain. She squinted as something exploded in the air. She watched as something or someone fell from the object and landed right onto Stark's platform. She tensed as the familiar figure of Loki crouched up.

The Hulk leapt towards Loki. Sara shrieked and jumped out of the way as the Hulk grabbed Loki and tossed him through the windows. She closed her eyes, willing a shield around her to protect her from the flying glass. She opened her eyes when the Hulk roared, watching in fear as it made a step towards Loki. Said god got to his feet, anger written all over his face. Sara saw his eyes glow blue.

"Enough! You are, all of you, beneath me! I am a god, you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by-"

Hulk grabbed Loki's feet, and began to swing and smash him into the floor. Sara gasped, and backed away, hoping the Hulk knew who was the enemy and who wasn't. He tossed Loki to the side and sneered down at the gasping god, "Puny god." The Hulk walked away, probably to rejoin the fight as Loki was left whimpering in pain.

It was quiet for a moment as Loki's eyes fluttered closed. Sara exhaled, suddenly feeling so weak and tired. She let herself fall to her knees. Loki being subdued was already a step forward in them winning, now all that was left was closing the portal and finishing off any Chitauri who were left.

"Sara?"

She glanced up at Junyoung's voice. He had his arm around his mother, gripping her tightly against him. The older woman was eyeing her warily as if she was expecting Sara to launch into an attack against her.

"He's in so much pain."

Her voice was slightly above a whisper, breathy. She turned her gaze back to Loki. Loki, Loki, Loki. He was an enigma. It felt like the reasoning for his attack wasn't his and she was sure if she didn't figure out what was eating away at Loki that it would begin to eat away at her.

"Sara, what are you talking about?"

Ignoring Junyoung's worried tone, she began to crawl towards Loki. When she reached the god, his eyes fluttered back open. Piercing green eyes narrowed at her and she almost cried in relief when she noticed his eyes weren't blue. Slowly she raised her hand, the fingertips lit with purple energy, and she rested her fingers against his forehead. Gasping at the wave of sharp pain, physical at first but then it worsened, then it was mental. Loki whimpered in pain, his hand shaking as it raised up to grab her wrist.