epilogue.

EPILOGUE

【EPILOGUE】

Thor, Loki, and Sara were not able to attend Jane's funeral.

In fact, once Odin heard about what had happened on Midgard, he had immediately called Heimdall to bring him his wayward sons and witch. Thor's friends, Sif and Volstagg had been called to collect the Aether, or what Sara had learned, an Infinity Stone called the Reality Stone. From what Loki had told her, the tesseract had been an Infinity Stone as well, the Space Stone while his scepter that he used to control people had contained the Mind Stone. There were three more stones out there: the Power Stone, the Time Stone, and the Soul Stone. According to Odin, all three were supposed to be well hidden.

The three of them were led to Odin's throne room where they were greeted with only Odin and Frigga. No one spoke for a moment as the King stared them down from his throne, his scepter gripped so tightly in his hands that his knuckles were white.

Sara glanced at Loki from the corner of her. He held his chin up high, his jaw clenched tightly as he stared at Odin right back. Glancing over to Thor, she noticed that he had almost the opposite reaction. Thor's head hung low and there were obvious deep dark bags under his eyes. She understood why. Not even a day has passed since Jane's passing and they were already forced to stand here before the King. Her nostrils flared and she turned to glare at Odin.

She pursed her lips in anticipation when Odin finally sighed and leaned forward. "Thor..."

The would-be-King finally raised his head, but it didn't do him any justice. His eyes were red, probably from crying, and his face looked sunken, older. "I do not wish to be king." Everyone in the room froze at Thor's bold proclamation. "Loki was right. I am a warrior, not a king. I need to be able to protect my people, but I cannot do that from sitting on a throne."

Odin glared down at his eldest son. "It is your birthright!"

"Well, I refuse." Thor glanced back down at his feet. "You wanted a great legacy and I will give you one, but not from sitting on some throne." Thor took a slow step back and glanced back up at his father.

Odin scoffed, rolling his eye. "A son who wanted the throne too much and another who didn't want it enough." He stared down at Thor, a mixture of pride and anger in his face. "Are you sure this isn't because of the mortal girl?"

Thor flinched as if he was physically hit. "No, this is not because of Jane, this is because of me. This is my choice. And I am not asking for your blessing, I am simply telling you this is what I must do."

"I cannot be proud of you, not in the eyes of others," Odin told him. Thor nodded sharply, understanding what his father was telling him. "Go, rest, my son." Odin turned to Sara and Loki, his eye narrowing in anger. "You two, stay here." Thor glanced at them in worry, but did not argue with his father and left the throne room.

"What shall I do with you two?" Odin hummed under his breath, leaning back onto his throne. Frigga worried at her bottom lip, resting her hand on her husband's shoulder.

"Do not be so harsh on them, they've helped Thor."

"It's okay, my Queen." Frigga recoiled at the ice in Sara's tone. The witch didn't turn to face her, however, she kept her gaze solely on Odin. "We will be rewarded. Handsomely, in fact."

Odin leaped up from his seat, the rage evident in how red his face had become. "How dare you?!"

Sara...

The witch didn't turn to her bonded. She took confident steps towards the throne, ignoring both Odin and Frigga's warning for her to back away. She turned to the Queen first and smiled softly, hoping to convey some softness towards the woman. She slowly brought her hand up to Frigga's cheek and watched as purple power slithered out from her fingertips and into Frigga's head. The Queen's eyes rolled back into her head and Sara quickly caught her in her arms, bringing her to lay on the floor. Odin let out a wordless yell of anger, but with a simple wave of her hand, Sara pushed him down the stairs of the throne.

With another wave of her hand, his scepter flew out of his grasp and into Loki's. Her bonded barely caught it, the look of satisfaction and surprise written all over his face. She made her way down the steps, slowly and confidently, showing Odin that she was no longer afraid of him.

When she came to stand above him, she crouched down. He looked up at her in anger. "You cannot -"

She raised her hand and he went silent, gasping for air suddenly. "Are you slow? I can and I will." She brought her hand forward and rested all five fingertips onto his face. He struggled, fighting against her magic as hard as he could, but only with a simple push, Sara had him succumbing under the same powers she put Frigga under.

She exhaled slowly as she rose to her feet. "We'll rule now. Queen Sara and King Loki. Long may they reign."

SARA'S STORY WILL BE CONTINUED IN...

ETERNAL BLISS

It. Is. Done. Finally!!!

You don't understand how happy I am that I've finished this book! Next up is Junyoung's story in Iron Man 3. I'm excited because shit will be revealed in that story that's PRETTY IMPORTANT!

Please give me feedback, I'd love to know how I could improve the next book!