chapter twelve.

CHAPTER TWELVE

【CHAPTER TWELVE】

The bifrost was something Sif knew well. It burned bright and she brought her shield up to cover her face, the marauder turned to nothing as it burned right through him. Mjӧlnir flew out of the bifrost, slamming into other marauders, bringing them down to the floor. It paused mid-flight and quickly returned back to its master. Thor caught it easily, the action needing not a single thought to perform.

Thor immediately rushed into battle. He leaped up into the air, his hammer raised up and landed down on his knees, the hammer slamming into the ground. Sara watched in awe as lightning whizzed out and took down the enemies surrounding him.

"I had this completely under control," Sif snapped, her stance still battle ready.

"Is that why everything's on fire?" Thor snarked back, a smirk stretched across his face. Immediately after, a marauder tackled Thor to the ground.

Sara remembered why she was here in that moment. She quickly glanced around, trying to pick out what looked like civilians. She saw one woman cowering, her arms wrapped tightly around a young girl. Sara decided to use Loki's lesson and willed herself to teleport as she stepped forward. In only a breath she was stood right in front of the woman and her daughter. The woman yelled, stumbling back and clutched the girl closer to her.

Sara kept her hands down, careful not to scare the woman. "Shhh, I'm here to help," Sara said, trying her best to make the woman understand. A few weeks ago Sara had been gifted All-Speak by Frigga but it was still a concept that was hard to grasp. It must've worked however because the woman looked slightly more calm.

"Behind you!" The girl screeched suddenly, pushing herself closer to the woman. Sara listened to the girl and spun around, her hands coming up to form a magical shield around herself and the duo. The marauder was an ugly looking alien, its mouth pulled up into a snarl and a large sword gripped in his hand. It uselessly banged the sword on the shield, snarling in anger when it realized it couldn't pierce through it.

Keeping one hand up, Sara decided to bring another one of Loki's lessons into reality. She held out her right hand, palm up, and pictured a dagger forming in it. 'There will be times when a weapon will the quickest way to bring your enemy harm.' As if Loki's words were the push she needed, a sleek sharp black dagger formed in her palm. Loki was right, a weapon would be helpful and if she couldn't use magic to harm then she would have to use her own two hands.

Gripping the dagger tightly in her hand, Sara let the shield fall, only keeping it up around the duo, and quickly stepped forward, teleporting behind the marauder. Not wasting any time, she kicked the back of its knees causing it to fall to the ground. She kicked out at its head, snapping its head to side violently. As it stayed there, disoriented, she leapt forward and roughly dug the dagger into the back of its neck.