chapter ten.

CHAPTER TEN

【CHAPTER TEN】

Sara stepped out of her room, the soft fabric of the Asgardian dress felt odd against her skin. Their clothing felt much softer compared to her clothing on Earth (Midgard, it was called here, according to Thor).

"Thor," Sara whispered into the empty hallway, glancing left and right. He had told her that after she was changed into more Asgardian appropriate attire, he would bring her to meet his closest friends so she wouldn't feel too isolated. She had been ecstatic, knowing that gaining the favor of Thor and his friends would most definitely work in her favor. She could dimly hear Loki in the back of her mind, hearing his praise and encouragement. Unfortunately, his pain also lingered in her mind, a dull aching pain with no way to release any of it because of the collar wrapped around her throat.

Sara pouted but closed her door behind her, while adjusting her flowy sleeves, still unsure on how to hold herself. She felt as if she was dressed up in costume. She was thankful that she was given flats to wear and not heels or something. Deciding on not to wait for Thor any longer, she made her way down the hallway, hoping to find the god doing something idiotic and not have her feeling so lost.

"Sara?"

She paused and glanced over her shoulder, eyes widening at the sight of Frigga. The woman was as beautiful as ever, her pale yellow gown accenting her skin perfectly, her blonde locks in waves down her chest. Sara swallowed, her mouth dry. She really couldn't understand how these Asgardians looked so perfect.

"Um, yes, Frigga?" Sara stuttered, unsure on how to deal with the woman. While Odin was harsh, Thor sincere and Loki secretive, Frigga was something she knew nothing about. She only knew that the woman seemed closer to Loki than Odin was.

She smiled softly and came to stand in front of Sara. Her eyes were full of pity and sympathy. She reached forward and her fingertips softly rested against the collar that sat around Sara's neck. "I always disliked these collars. I am a sorceress as well, it makes me uneasy."

Sara stayed silent, watching the woman pull her hand away and intertwine her hands together gently in front of her. "I heard you put up quite the fight to make sure it wouldn't be put on you," Frigga continued.

Sara raised an eyebrow softly. "Where I come from, chaining someone and oppressing them is frowned upon. It goes against everything I stand for."

Frigga smiled, her eyes almost glowing. "You are strong, this is good. Between my mischievous son and the sorceresses of Asgard, you will need that strength." Frigga sighed, and gestured for Sara to follow her as she began to make her way down the hall. They walked in silence for a few seconds before Frigga spoke up again. "The sorceresses, Karnilla and Amora, are quite well known and not for good reasons. Karnilla's past with Odin is long and bloody while Amora's is just as bad with Thor. Keep yourself grounded, listen to no one but yourself. Do not let Loki, Thor, or the sorceresses make your judgement waver."