chapter nine.

CHAPTER NINE

【CHAPTER NINE】

On any other day, Sara would've loved to visit Asgard. The city was magnificent, with golden buildings that easily rivaled those of New York City. The air seemed clearer and the scenery was greener, looking much more alive than any plant on Earth. Thor seemed lighter on his feet, obviously happy with retrieving his brother and coming home hero once again. Sara's lip twisted. Her thoughts, it seemed, were poisoned by Loki's own, and she caught herself feeling bitterness and envy towards the god of thunder.

The muzzle was removed off of her mouth, leaving only the chains around her wrists, but Sara knew better than to start trouble in a world she knew nothing of. Thor had handed them off to some guards who were already waiting with blank faces. Sara watched as they attached longer chains to the ones already wrapped around Loki's wrist, putting distance between themselves and their lost prince.

Sara wasn't treated with as much caution, possibly because they had no idea of who she was or what she could do, but two guards had been gripping her elbows. They were led down a long corridor, the same one Thor had just gone down, at a slow pace. She felt as if she was being led into a slaughterhouse and the agonizing pace only drew out the inevitable.

Shut up.

She flinched in surprise but quickly recollected herself, not wanting to make the guards suspicious. Don't tell me what to do, she snapped back. Loki gave no indication that he heard her other than an odd feeling of frustration in her. It was odd because somehow she knew that this frustration was not hers but his. She refrained from rolling her eyes. What was he frustrated for when he was justly arrested while she had basically been taken against her will?

When they reached the end of the corridor, there were two large doors with intricate designs on them. Sara swallowed, intimidated by the size and wealth just by the doors alone. The doors pushed open and Thor exited from the room, a grim look on his face. He eyed the duo for a moment before walking past, resting his hand on Sara's shoulder for a moment before leaving them to face their fate.

The guards walked them through the large doors and into an even larger throne room. At the far end of the throne room sat a marvelous throne. On the throne sat an older man, an eye patch on his right eye. Sara blinked, easily seeing the similarities between the man and Thor but none with Loki. Right, Loki was adopted.

More like taken.

Sara didn't flinch from Loki's voice this time but she looked down, feeling both embarrassed and pitiful. Taken? What did that mean? Was that the reason for Loki being so bitter because he was taken from his family or was it simply because his true parentage had just been revealed?

They walked down the walkway leading up to the king's throne. The closer they got, the more terrified Sara felt. Would this king be merciless because she was a no one? Would they lock her up alongside Loki or simply return her home? Sara squeezed her eyes shut tightly at the thought of home and her father. She couldn't even imagine how her father would be feeling right now, not knowing where she was and not being able to do anything about it.