09 - A Walk in the Downpour

Waiting for dr. Shibata's door to open, Sousuke leaned back against the wall in the waiting room. He was seated not far from his office, so he would not miss it if dr. Shibata was done with his previous patient, even without needing to listen for his name. Not that he would hear it, his earphones were loudly blaring music right into his ears.

It had been a long day for him, it was hard since he had practice earlier today before immediately going over to the hospital to get his shoulder checked, and sneaking away from Rin was not easy.

He sighed and looked at his phone. Currently playing a song by Azure Beats. It seemed like Rin was right, heck, Nagisa was also right, he smiled inwardly, I'm obsessed with this.

Just then, the door to Dr. Shibata's office opened and out stepped a very familiar sight. She bowed in thanks before she walked away briskly, heels clicking and black locks- dyed blue at the ends- bouncing as she walked away. Sousuke stood up abruptly, surprised that (Main Vocalist Name) was here. Right here in person!

The sudden movement was seen from the cornee of her eyes and she slowed momentarily, looking towards him. For a moment, the two locked eyes. His teal eyes widened and he could feel his face flush. He could not believe this. She is right there in person and he is listening to her music-

(Main Vocalist Name) seemed to snap out of her thoughts and gave him a wink, with a finger gun pointed to him, before quickly walking away and disappearing down the hall. Sousuke was still standing there in shock when the nurse from dr. Shibata's office nudged his arm and told him it was his turn now. He reluctantly followed her into the room.

Dr. Shibata examined him quickly with experienced hands and equipment. He asked Sousuke if he had been swimming vigorously, to which Sousuke denied. He simply replied he did swim but he kept his limits in mind. Dr. Shibata simply write some notes on his paper before sending him off after the examination was over.

"Your shoulder will only get worse if you keep pushing yourself," he said as Sousuke put his jacket back on, "take a break for a few weeks will you?"

"I will," Sousuke couldn't look at the old doctor's eyes. He knew dr. Shibata would catch on to his lie if he looked, and he can't afford to stop swimming. Not now. Not with regionals coming.

He went out of the room and out to the exit. Remembering to grab his umbrella om the way out. The weather forecast showed a very slight chance of rain, but he would rather be prepared. That preparation proved to be fruitful once he caught a glimpse of the night outside the automated glass doors. It was pouring hard. The sun set was blocked off by dark grey clouds which seemed to pour buckets relentlessly to the world below.

He got his umbrella ready and stepped out to the lobby. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of (hair colour) hair wildly dancing in the wind as the lobby was sheltered from the rain, but not the wind.

At that precise moment, (Name) turned her head and the two locked their gazes. She smiled first, raising her hand to wave hello. He did the same and walked over to her.

"I.. Did not expect to see you here," he started.

"Me neither," (Name) chuckled and looked up to his towering height.

"Were you getting your leg checked?"

(Name) fidgeted nervously. She would have to be careful of what she said from here on, "I... Yeah.. I was. The doctor said it was healing well."

"That's good." Sousuke nodded with a small smile.

"What about you?" (Name) asked, genuinely curious this time.