25 - Each One There to Make You Smile

On the way to the station, (Name) had stopped at a vending machine to buy Sousuke a can of coke. The teal eyed male had offered to pay her back at first, saying the meal was more than enough, but (Name) refused and Sousuke accepted it in the end.

They walked leisurely to the platform, only rushing when they saw that the train was already there.

(Name) and Sousuke barely got onto the train before the doors closed behind them, and they collapsed on the closest seats, laughing quietly among themselves.

Their conversation started out chipper and lively, but the events of the day and the lull of the train moving took its toll on the two. The train car in which they sat only have a handful of people, most of them sleeping, tired after work.

The sound of their whispered talks soon simmered down to comfortable silence as they sat side by side.

Sousuke could feel his eyes grow heavier as the silence dragged on. Practice had been exhausting, Rin had made all those who made it to nationals go all out, swimming more and harder than everyone else that was not on the competition. He knew Rin well enough that he understood why Rin did all this for them, and he reciprocated with as much vigor.

However, truth be told, he was getting worried. His shoulder had started to hurt more and more each morning he woke up. It was not something major yet, and still very much bearable, so nothing more than a minor discomfort. But he knew deep inside him that something is wrong, and he should go have it checked again. He wanted to go, he really does. The problem is, dr. Shibata would most likely immediately know that he is swimming again, and that would get him into trouble if dr. Shibata forbid him from swimming. Nationals was so close.

His train of thought was then interrupted by a slight pressure on his good shoulder. He looked to his left and his eyes widened. (Name) was asleep, and her head had leaned on his shoulder.

Sousuke immediately tensed, feeling nervous all of a sudden, not knowing what else to do other than stay out so that she wouldn't wake up.

His sleepiness was all gone at this point. He only stared at her, the seemingly small girl by his side, breathing softly in a steady rhythm. He watched her lashes, long and delicate against her cheeks. Her mouth was quirked up a bit in a miniscule smile he was sure she wasn't even conscious of. It was just how she looked, so peaceful and... Very cute.

Scratch that, cute doesn't even describe half of it. She is.. Beautiful. Everything about her seemed to draw him to her lately. He even felt his heart race when he was with her, and he sometimes wondered if she could hear it.

Fortunately for him, she was currently asleep, because at that moment, his heart was racing and he had... Well.. Butterflies in his stomach. It was the only way to describe the fluttery light feeling he had at the moment.

Sousuke wondered what he should do. He had been too focused on swimming that he barely read or watched any sappy and cliché romantic movies or books. Besides, reading was not one of his hobbies. Should he wrap his arms around her shoulders?

He didn't want to jostle her that she woke up. He actually really liked it this way, her leaning against him, her warmth seeping into his side.

In the end, Sousuke didn't move a muscle. He only stared at her, a smile tugging the corners of his lips. She looks so perfect right now.

Moments later though, he did move, albeit very slowly. Truth be told, Sousuke had no idea what compelled him, but he was slowly leaning his head towards her unconsciously, drawn by her presence. Her calm, gentle presence. He did not stop until his eyes were closed and his lips were softly pressed against the top of her head.