42 - Questions Always Comes Next

Rin was concerned. When Sousuke returned and finally met up with the group, he was alone, no (Name) in sight. Sousuke's expression was also unreadable, and after looking around for a while, he entirely stopped and settled on looking at the ground. Did the plan not work out right?

"Ah Sousuke, there you are." He looked up and saw Gou walking over to him with a smile, only to pause and look around him confusedly.

"Where is (Name)?" She asked.

Sousuke sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, "She... I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Gou was confused. When she followed them, the two looked like they were having the time of their lives, what had happened after she went away with Momo?"

"Its a long story," Sousuke sighed again, this time his teal eyes met the red orbs of the older Matsuoka sibling. Rin, having been friends with Sousuke for so long, knew exactly what that look meant.

I don't feel like talking about it now but I promise to tell you later.

"Gou," Rin walked over to join her and Sousuke, "lets not talk about it right now. Makoto is also not here, so is Haru."

"What? Did they get lost?"

Rin scratched his head, "I don't know. Let me check on-" he was cut off by a notification from his phone. He took out his phone and saw that there was a message from Haru.

Can I come sleep at your place tonight?

Thats... Really weird. If Haru needs company, he would always contact Makoto. So why him? Did something happen?

Rin was about to call Haru to ask for an explanation when Gou's phone beeped. She looked at it and saw that it was a message from Makoto.

(Name) was not feeling well, so I'm taking her home. Don't worry about us :)

Reading his message made Gou feel even more confused. Why isn't Sousuke the one taking her home? Makoto is the big mom of their bunch so its not weird that he would be concerned about (Name), but why didn't Sousuke volunteer to come along? Did they have a fight? What about Haru? Did he come with Makoto and (Name)?

"Sousuke-" Gou started, before she was harshly cut off by Rin's stern look. Not now.

Gou immediately shut her mouth. She only looked worriedly between Sousuke and Rin.

Sousuke was still staring off into whatever is around him, but his eyes were empty, as if he wasn't really there. Rin sighed and turned to Gou, "I'll be sleeping at home tonight. Haru will be staying over too," he mumbled so that only Gou could hear him.

"What? Haru?"

"I have a feeling something else also happened. Lets talk later."

~~~~~

"Okaeri* you two," Mrs Matsuoka greeted her children as they took off their footwear, switching to indoor slippers.

"Tadaima**" the both Gou and Rin replied at the same time with not as much vigor.

"Rin, Haru is waiting for you in your room," his mother said, "he said he told you about him staying the night in here?"

"Yeah he did. I'll go see him," Rin forced a smile st his mom and went immediately to his room. He looked over his shoulder back at Gou, who was being questioned by their mother. Sorry Gou, but I'll let you answer mom's questions. I gotta find out more from Haru.

Upon reaching the door to his room, Rin stopped briefly and took a deep breath, before he twisted the door handle and entered his room. Haru was seated by his bed, staring blankly at his phone. He didn't seem to notice Rin as he entered, eyes transfixed on the screen of his phone, as if waiting for something. A message from Makoto?