30 - Time to Rock This Stage

"(Name)! Finally!" Aika rushed forwards and took her by the hand before (Name) could even enter the prep room fully.

"Aika, sorry I'm late," (Name) quickly tidied her hair, putting on a hair net as she sat down to prevent any (hair colour) strands from appearing under the wig. Aika had opened her make up bag and was starting to dab foundation on her face.

(Name) noticed that both Clyde and Hideki are missing, so she asked, "Where are the guys?"

"Clyde and Hideki are doing some sound checks, we'll join them shortly, your cousin should also be-"

"Here!" A cheery voice rang from the door's direction, making both girls turn."

"(Cousin's Name), you're just in time," Aika stuck her tongue out at him, "where were you? You did not answer any of my texts and calls."

"I've been in here since this morning, Aika dear," (Cousin's Name) replied, "but unlike you, I take care of... The behind the stage stuff."

Aika frowned as she dabbed eye shadow on (Name), "you could've told me you were here..."

"I have my hands full, since this is a mini concert, I did not have that many people assisting me, so I kept a low profile and tried to manage everything myself, plus a friend or two. I didn't exactly have time to relax and check my phone."

"Oh?"

"As of now," (Cousin's Name) glanced at his wristwatch, "Clyde and Hideki is with a colleague of mine, he's here to help with the audio part, while another is helping the lights. Later I'll take care of the documentation part."

"Thank you, (Cousin's Name)," (Name) gave him a smile, her make up was halfway done, and she would only need to put on her wig next. "How much longer till we start, manager-chan?"

~~~~~

It was finally show time, and people are streaming into the assembly hall, which was already set and ready for concert. Murmurs of excitement could be heard from all over the crowd. Some people knew and had already heard of Azure beats, while some of them haven't. It was a mix of "Oh I love them!" and "This band seems interesting I'll give it a try!".

Sousuke was among those who were excited about this. The concert, even though it was a small one, was free and it was happening right here, in his school's assembly hall. Nagisa was right beside him, already jumpy with joy. The two of them was joined by the rest of the swim team from both sides.

The butterfly swimmer also noticed that there were also people from outside Samezuka who were there to attend, curious of all the ruckus and whispers of "concert" and "Azure Beats".

"Sousuke, you're lucky you're so tall," Nagisa whined, "I can barely see anything." The poor blond was trying to look over the shoulders of a couple of taller guys. Sousuke chuckled, turning to the rest of the bunch, "lets move to the side, its quite empty there," he pointed to his right. The spot was not taken yet, and it was slightly closer to the stage.

They all moved there, and as they do, they noticed more and more people filing in. The assembly hall would soon be packed.

~~~~~

Behind the closed curtains, ( Main Vocalist Name) peeked out nervously. She had done her vocal warm ups, and did her best for this moment, and yet she felt as if this was her first time on stage again. She felt the familiar feeling of anxiousness and worry, the what ifs and everything that could go wrong. But on the other hand, she also felt light and giddy with anticipation. How long had it been since she sang in front of an audience. It was thrilling and exciting, to sing along with everyone, like one giant karaoke where everyone sings and shouts and claps all at once.