46 - Dead Ends and Loopholes

Sousuke stood before what was once her place, his breathing still heavy after rushing all the way there. He took a step forward and placed his hand on her door.

In his desperation, Sousuke had even called Rin, telling him of this story, wishing that his best friend is in Iwatobi to help. Rin had panicked, got emotional, and told Sousuke he would call back later before hanging up.

After that, Gou had called him again right as he was getting off the train, saying the Iwatobi Swim team had not seen her anywhere. So this would be the one place she's supposed to be in.

Please be okay..

He slowly turned the door, only to feel his heart skip a beat as he found that it was unlocked. She never leaves her door unlocked, something is definitely wrong.

He pushed the door open and stepped inside. The house was dark, and nothing seemed to be out of place. Did she forget to lock the door? Is she just gone somewhere else? Maybe he's just paranoid?

"(Name)?" he called out, only to receive silence as a response.

He walked to her room and opened the door, flipping the light switch on as he did so. His eyes widened as he looked at the scene. The sight before him was what became the evidence that confirmed his worries.

It was as if someone was searching for something. Her drawers and its contents were on the ground, the contents of her wardrobe mixed along in the pile.

Other than that, the bed was untouched, so she hadn't been here.

Something blue peaking from beneath the piles of clothes then caught his eye. He looked closer towards and slowly picked it up.

Turns out. Blue was just a part of it, the rest of it was black. Its a wig. Her wig for the times where (Name) was (Main Vocalist Name).

Sousuke already knew about her alter ego but finding the wig right there just felt as if reality had just punched him in the gut. It never felt more real.

Seeing the wig, however, reminds him that there is still one other person who might possibly have seen her.

He took his phone dialled the number. He got the number from (Name) when they were just hanging out, but had completely forgot about it in his panic.

It rang twice before (Name)'s cousin, her manager.

"Hello?"

"Uhm... Hi, (Cousin's Name), its Yamazaki Sousuke."

"Ahh Sousuke, this is a surprise," her cousin cleared gis throat. "Is there a reason ehy you're calling me?"

Sousuke clenched his fists. Its either she's with him or... "Have you... Have you seen (Name)? Is she with you? I can't find her anywhere in here, and I've checked with all her and my friends."

"Oh my.." (Cousin's Name) heaved a sigh, "Okay let me call her. I have a bad feeling about this. Why don't you get your friends and go to the park near her place, I'll meet you there."

~~~~~

Sousuke, Gou, and the Iwatobi swim team arrived at the park right as (Cousin's Name) entered. They quickly followed and soon, were all seated at a table, introductions done, orders placed, and expressions grim.

"I called her," (Cousin's Name) stated bluntly, eyes glued on his drink, "she did not pick up. (Name) never fails to pick up calls from me."

"Then where is she?" Makoto asked, terribly concerned about his friend, "Who was she with the last time anyone saw her?"

"She was with me," Sousuke said softly, the pain evident in his voice. "We were at a cafe, she was telling me- we had an argument, and she ran out of the cafe. I didn't follow her. Dammit I'm so stupid!"