17 - People Usually Confess on School Rooftops so This is REALLY Misleading

(Name) jolted awake from her sleep. What time is it? I have to wake-

She stopped herself when she saw that she was no longer on the couch. Instead, she was comfortably tucked under the covers of her bed, blue teddy bear beside her. The sun was already shining through under her curtains. Where is Sousuke?

There was something beside her pillow, a towel of some sorts. She took it in her hands and instantly recognized it. It was the towel she gave to Sousuke during that walk from the hospital, when it was raining. (Name) had completely forgotten about it and was surprised that he even remembered, or bothered to return it to her.

Slowly, she took it up to her face and gave it a sniff. It smells like him. Warm, comforting musky Sousuke smell, mixed with the scent of chlorine and very light perfume. She never knew he care enough to actually wear perfume.

Her hand brushed against something papery in texture. She looked down and saw that it was the same paper on which she wrote down the solution to the practice questions. Sousuke had marked it all correct, with a good job and smiley face at one corner. She smiled, flipping the paper, and saw that he had written something there.

(Name), I'm sorry I fell asleep on your bed. I never meant for that to happen, guess I was too tired. I woke up at around five and decided to go back to Samezuka.

I moved you from the couch because I didn't want you to hurt your back sleeping like that. I already tried waking you up but you were fast asleep, so I had to carry you here. Hope you don't mind.

His name was signed at the bottom.

(Name) immediately flushed red after reading the short note. He c-c-carried me?

After rereading the note in horrified and flustered silence, (Name) finally mustered up enough strength in her legs to get up off the bed and get ready for school. She placed all necessary items into her bag and quickly ate breakfast before she walked out. Ready to meet up with Makoto and Haru to walk to school, like she always does.

Makoto greeted her with a cheerful smile that seemed to light up the whole world (A/N because who doesn't love this shining sun of a boy xjdbdjsn). Haru walked beside him, and he even gave her a small smile of his own, but still saying nothing.

"So how's the study session with Sousuke yesterday?" Makoto asked. He was honestly curious and maybe a little protective of her. In the short while she has been here, Makoto thought of her more and more as a little sister.

"He's a great teacher," (Name) grinned, "He was really clear when explaining the parts I don't understand, and now I feel like I'll be ready even if a surprise quiz comes up."

Makoto chuckled and was about to say something when he noticed Haru lookin away from him and (Name). He almost forgot that Haru was mot so fond of the teal eyed man.

"What about you?" (Name) looked back at him, "what time was it when you finally managed to get Haru out of the pool?"

"Pretty much before the pool closes," Makoto laughed, glancing at Haru, who only huffed

"The water calls for me," he muttered, facing the side.

The three arrived at school early. This gave them about 20 minutes of free time before class starts. Makoto was callred out to the teacher's office to help bring some papers to class. It was his turn for duty today, so he complied.

A second later after Makoto left the classroom, Haru turned his attention to (Name), eyes intense and boring deep into her, "I need to ask you something later, meet me at the roof alone before the swim club."