Social Class

The Social Class of this world is really quite simple. Or at least to those who grew up in this world say it's simple.

Of course at the highest level are those that best be described as the rulers of their respective kingdoms, their respective parts of this world.

Then those under them are the ones in charge of individual cities. You get the idea yeah?

Those at the lowest are obviously those who, exclusive to certain cities or kingdoms, are slaves, prisoners, or otherwise those punished for deeds as the rulers see fit. There are also bandits and gangs that occupy most of the lower class

Then the common people of this world. Simple as that. It's debated whether the human-sized kaiju should be considered part of the common people or in a whole other class of their own.

However, the Ravagers are the only real class that separates your world and this one. No, Ravagers aren't bandits or thieves by any means. If anything, they're the middle class of this world, and many of the richest people in this world are/were Ravagers. They basically look at and accept different jobs for money. Any job they want to tackle. Capture a creature for the zoo? Sure! Escort someone someplace? Of course! And the most popular and sometimes dangerous jobs? Hunting, capturing, and turning in wanted criminals to the officials for money. Just put up an application at a law enforcement agency and let the Ravagers come to you! Ravagers can chose to go solo or work in groups, which is the most preferred choice for Ravagers. They can chose what to do and what applications to accept. Groups of Ravagers can even join as one if they wish, like a caravan. Sounds like a great way of life huh?

It's not always so perfect. Many Ravagers travel so as to see all the applications they can get and accept. It's usually one Ravager or group of Ravagers per application unless stated otherwise. Some Ravagers tend to be around bandits or the Black Market just so they can access more equipment or something. You can imagine that many teenagers often run away from home so they can become Ravagers, but the parents aren't usually worried. Usually the teenagers come back complaining that it was too hard or they couldn't get the starting equipment or even that no one took them seriously. Not going to lie, one has to be a hard worker and a patient person and a smart one to live in this Ravager lifestyle. But you reap what you sow, and many have had a successful career in being a Ravager.

This story you're about to be told focuses on one, or maybe two, groups of Ravagers who experience the world like any other group. You may be surprised.