Part 4

It's been a week since you've seen Hisoka. During this time you've been training on improving your technique, but mostly studying everyone else's. You've also been able to slowly lay off the cutesy act much to your relief. People have started to come and go so most of the attention isn't on you anymore. You've also spent some time getting to know Gon and Killua. They always had a lot of questions about your technique, and for basic nen training tips.

       You were a manipulator. Your strongest, and favorite ability was your Density Shift. The user can manipulate the density and solidity of object or part of the object, whether living or non-living. You could change your volume until you were as light as air, or change the texture to your skin to be as hard as titanium.

       There are drawbacks of course. Density Shift is limited to manipulating only mass, density or solidity. It can be used on yourself, and anything else within your weight limit. Your weight limit cuts you off around 150 pounds. Anything past that makes the technique inconsistent, and hard to control. The biggest draw back is, when manipulating things outside of your body, you must touch it first, and put your aura into it.

       As you walk back from the training room, you notice what seems to be a child's doll on the floor. Strange. You decide to walk over to and pick it up for inspection. It was an unusual doll and used from what you could tell. Definitely an out of place object for the heaven's arena, but you're not here to judge. You decide you'd take it to the front desk incase someone was looking for it.

      As you walked with it, you continued examining it. Something about it was intriguing. It's hair was coarse and split on the ends, not feeling like any type of doll hair you've ever seen. Now that you were looking at it up close, it seemed to be more of a voodoo doll than a toy.

       Step, step, step, stop.

A bad feeling washes over you. That pit in your stomach feeling that something isn't right. You used most of your energy while training, so using nen right now would be risky. You ditch the idea of going to the desk and decide you're just gonna leave the doll where you found it.

       In an instant, all of your muscles locked. You tell your legs to move, but they just wouldn't. Was this someone's nen? You were barely able to move your mouth to speak.

       "W-Who.."

       "You don't know me, but I know you.." You could hear someone's whispers in your ears. They were so close you could smell their breath. Swallowing, you gain the strength to try to speak again.

       "What do you want.." You say, straining your already sapped energy.

       "You're that trainers daughter right? You're going to sign up for a fight against me!" The man's distorted voice said. A sharp pain was felt in your head. His voice was doing something to you. Was this some type of mind control or is he physically hurting you?

       "N-ngh." You try to argue but your body is giving out.

       "What was that? I can't hear you little girl. C'mon I expected more from you." He says, invading your personal space. You decided talking was a waste of whatever strength you had left. The pain continued to grow.

       He then presented himself in front of you. You could finally see his lack luster appearance. He seemed pretty wimpy and beat up looking. He has scars and bandages peeking out of his shirt, patchy hair. Nothing to feel threatened of. You can't say the same for the pain in your head.

       "This ability is called Temperance. Until you follow out my requests, you won't be able to move. The idea behind it was, I don't control what you do, rather I control what you can't do. The only draw back is that you must be touching me for it to work. To think the little girl couldn't resist the dollie- It's so cliche!" He maniacally laughs. You look at him, disgust showing through your pained facial expression. This man is sickening.

"Have you figured it out?! That doll is made from my own skin and hair! A perfect extension of me! Isn't it just incredible?"

     That's one of the most disgusting things you've heard all day. You couldn't think about the details too much as the pain in your head continues to grow. You don't know what's worse, the headache, his monologuing, or his disgusting mini me doll. It seems though he is controlling your body, he can't control your aura. You begin focusing every last ounce of strength you had left into taking the density of your hands away. Your fingertips began feelings weightless.

       "My temperance puts pressure on the brain stem, at the bottom of the brain by the spinal cord. It controls fundamental body functions such as walking, breathing, eye movements, heartbeat, etcetera. So that's the reason for the paralysis and the pain you're feeling right now."

Halfway there..

       "Now you might want to hurry, if you let the pain go on for two long it could cause swelling and ultimately death. Right about now you should be feeling short of breath, and tingling in your fingers and toes. With your heart and lungs slowing down, it won't be long until you pas-"

The doll hits the ground and you have to catch yourself from falling from exhaustion. Confused and angry, he tried to reach out to grab you in order to activate it again. You barely sidestep it and knee him in the stomach. He stumbles back gasping for air. Not missing a beat, adrenaline and anger pumping through your veins you grab the collar of his shirt, change your fist to have the properties of iron and sock him right in the face. He fell back weightlessly, hitting the ground with a thud. You definitely broke his nose.

        "Fuck you and your creepy doll. You freak." You breath out, feeling the weightlessness of relief. Maybe a little too weightless. You tried to catch the unbalance of your swaying body, but your vision gives out and you hit the floor. Oblivion.

    .......

       You open your eyes to see the ceiling of your hotel room. Memories slowly started coming back to you. You shot up and look around in a panic. You were in bed. Was this your room?

       How did I get back here?

       When you look around more closely, you realize that this wasn't your room. The bathroom, door and windows were on the opposite side. Maybe it's Killua and Gon's room? Surely they must've found you and brought you back to their room to rest.

       "I see you've awaken, flower~ ♥"