Part 10

It's been about a week since the incident. The dreams about Hisoka continued, but they never really went anywhere. Annoying enough as they are, you always woke up right before the good part.

       You sat on a bench in the training room staring at nothing in particular. Lost in thought, you absentmindedly tapped against the seat.

       You've been training with the jester every other day, showing small bits of improvement with each lesson. At this point you could reach with your nen, but it moved slow and required you to be completely concentrated. Concentration was nearly impossible when your trainer constantly flirted with you. Unnecessary arm touches, jokes, smiles, knowing looks, the whole package. You even caught him looking at your ass the other day. He smirked shamelessly. And was that a hint of pride?

       "Cut that out, kid." A man grunted from across the room. Oh, he means the tapping.

       "My bad." You say, putting your hands in your lap.

        Not only that, but you've also started picking up on some of Hisoka's mannerisms. He stares at a small scar on the back of his left hand when he's deep in thought. A more unusually one is that he carries around a pack of bubble gum, but never chews it. It's always the same brand, but you haven't had the chance to read the name.

       Another man sat a few seats away from you, adjusting his shoes. This brought you back to your surroundings and you realize that a lot more people were in here now. You stand up, taking this as your time to go. You begin to walk towards the door until you overhear two men talking about the fight happening tonight. Since fights were so common, usually this wouldn't catch your interest. But this wasn't just any fight.

       "That kid has nerve going against Hisoka. I've never felt such a malice aura..." A short muscly man says as he takes a sip of water. 

       "It shouldn't be allowed, what's gonna happen to that kid. At the very least he will come out with a broken arm." The other man responds, curling a 50 pounder.

       "Who?" You jump in abruptly, void of any kind of manners. They didn't care, but you cleared your throat anyway.

       "As in who is fighting against   Hisoka.." You quiet your voice, sounding more casual. Saying his name out loud felt weird.

       "It's Hisoka and this kid named Gon. Yknow, the spikey green one?" He says, talking with his hands. You must've heard him wrong. Maybe there's two different fights and he mixed up the challengers.

       "....Gon Freecs?"

       "Freaks? Yea he's gonna look pretty freaky after that fight! HAHAHA!!" The man slaps his knee as the two erupt in laughter.

       "Oh my god.." You say, feeling the color leave your face.

       "Heh.. Even she knows he's a goner." One says, still chuckling. You leave just as fast as you jumped in.

       You run over to the boys' room, knocking on the door. Killua opened it.

       "Y/n? What's wrong, you look awful." He comments bluntly. Maybe it's because you sprinted up two flights of stairs and three hallways.

       "Where's Gon?" You ask, still catching your breath.

       "He left a while ago to prepare for the fight. Don't tell me you haven't heard.." He teases, leaning against the doorframe. You didn't have time to play his games.

       "No, nono that's fine, we have time! We can catch him right before, get him to call the whole thing off!" You ramble. Killua sighs, then puts both of his hands on your shoulders.

       "Y/n, calm down. Take a deep breath in," He starts. Frantically you try to comply, breathing in.

       "Now out.." He continues. You breath out, feeling your heart rate regulate.

       "Killua, he could die out there. You guys don't understand how strong he really is an-"

       "Gon has fought him before. He knows what he's against and he's been training really hard."

       "Wait, he's fought Hisoka? When?"

       "During the hunter exam, but that's beside the point. Listen, we just need to trust that he's ready, y'know?"

       "....Okay. You're right I guess." You say defeated.

       "I was just about to leave. I don't really care if you sit with me... That is if you want." He tries to sound casual about it.

       "But the fight doesn't start for another three hours."

       "Maybe if you want to sit in the nose bleeders. I'm gonna sit in the very front." He says, smiling proudly. Thought he try to puts on a tough boy act, he really is a kid at heart.

       "So are you comin or not?"

       "Yeah, I'll go. Gon is gonna need all the support he can get." You say, as you both head down to the arena.

       There was already a disorderly line outside the ticket booth. It was a big open area in the center of everything, completed with TV's. After waiting for about 10 minutes, you and Killua got some good seats near the action. On the way you picked up some buttered popcorn and two sodas. You would've usually gotten water but it was about time you splurged.

       "Are we bad people for eating popcorn while watching one of our friends possibly be murdered?" You think out loud, taking another handful. It's been so long since you've enjoyed some popcorn, you forgot how good it was.

       "Hmm. Gon would've wanted it this way." Killua jokes, taking another handful. While waiting, you two talked and laughed the whole time, which eased each other's tension a little bit. However, both of you were both very worried about Gon.

       "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! LET ME WELCOME YOU TO THE HEAVENS ARENA! I HOPE YOU ARE ALL READY, BECAUSE YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE A ONE OF A KIND FIGHT!" The announcer yelled over the intercom as the lights began to dim. Sounds of excitement ruptured from the crowd, causing your anxieties to rise. Laser lights and smoke began coming out of both tunnels, where the competitors entered and exited. Killua put his hand on your shoulder. Feeling his touch made you realize you were shaking.

       "He's got this, Y/n. Let's cheer him on." Killua tries to comfort you, giving a thumbs up. You smile, thankful for his support. After thinking a second, you nudged him with your elbow.

       "Someone's out of character." You smirked, raising your eyebrows.

       "C-Cut that out. I was just helping because you were shaking my seat too, stupid."

       "If you say so~." You chime, allowing his excuses to slide this once.

       "ANNNNDD NOWW, WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR, LETS HEAR IT FOR OUR CONTESTANTS!" The woman began again as the audience roared. Hisoka and Gon both walked out of opposing tunnels.

       Please don't hurt him, Hisoka..

       "HISOKA AND GON!"