Part 12

You, Killua and Gon head down to the cafeteria. While waiting in line to pay, you notice more people staring than usual. It must be the last for the hype from Gon's fight. Usually the talk would die down by now, but this was a special case. Gon graciously paid with some of the income from the fight.

"Let me throw this away real quick." You say, walking over to the nearest trash can with the receipt. Once you separated from the boys, you could feel a malice aura wash over you. You went on high alert immediately, trying to scan the crowd without being super obvious. It wasn't strong enough to be Hisoka's, so who did it belong to?

Realizing nobody had a reason to attack you, you turn to the boys only to see a throwing knife soaring towards Gon's back. Simultaneously you reached with your nen meters away, with the hopes of changing the properties of the knife to rubber.

"Gon!" Killua yelled, realizing the situation. But it was too late.

The knife bounced off Gon's back and tumbled onto the floor.

It.... It worked?

They looked at each other, and then to you. Killua kicked the knife and it wiggled as it rolled over. You saved him.

Running over to the two, you guys look over at where the knife came from. A familiar looking man steps forward.

"You.. You deserved to die in that fight! You don't get a get out of jail free card! This is real life kid, and you had some nerve coming all the way up here! You don't deserve it!" He yelled, pointing his shakey hands at Gon.

You realized that this was someone who recently lost their spot on the top floor, and their chance to be a floor master. He had lost too many games and was forced to leave.

"Just because you lack the skill and prowess to stay up here, doesn't mean you have to take it out on him. You should be humiliated." You stand up next to Gon.

       As the man's expression turned from anger to terror, you realized it wasn't because of you. You felt a rush of malice and blood lust wash over the room.

"Killua.." Gon mutters. You looked at him and see something muderous. If looks could kill..

"I'm okay, see? It's okay." He continues to try to calm his friend down. You were taken aback by the way Killua was acting. He was about to maul this man.

       The only side of him you've seen so far was his tactical yet playful demeanor. Clearly he has a darker past than he lets on and Gon's words weren't helping much. They both knew that if Killua killed someone, he'd be kicked out of here.

Gon laid his hand on his shoulder which seemed to ease him slightly. He reluctantly turned around. His body looked so robotic, as if he was a program going against it's code.

"Let's go." Killua says in a low voice. You exhale as they both walk away, leaving you, the man and the cafeteria of spectators. People booed and sat back down, disappointed there wasn't a fight. As your eyes scan the crowd, you see Hisoka standing in one of the doorways. After your eyes lock, he turns and exits. Looks like it's time for you to take your leave as well. You set off to the opposite corridor so you can be alone.

   You press the little button and wait for the elevator. When it beeps, the metallic doors slide open and you step inside. Now that all of the excitement is over, you take a moment to enjoy the silence and privacy this place gave you. As the door closes someone sticks their foot in at the very last second. You internally scowl. It better not be.. Hisoka steps in.

Guess i'm being followed now. This asshole.

Once the doors close, the background noise of the cafeteria gets drowned out and silence fell once again on the room. He chose to stand right in front of you. This is all really getting on your nerves.

"Your quick thinking and speed saved his life. I'm impressed. ♥" He says, giving you his approval.

"Like I care." You stay short with him. The elevator beeps as it goes up.

"Hm. I suppose you want to train independently from now on? ♥"

"I assumed that was the case when you pretended like you didn't know me. Sigh. It's fine though, I don't need your help anymore." You say, evening your tone.

"Oh Y/n. You might not believe me but that was to benefit both of us you see. But very well, it was about time I stop helping the competition anyway. ♥" He replies. You decide you'd ignore the first comment, not even wanting to get into that. Besides it was probably just a manipulation tactic. Realizing he was slowly inching closer, you take a step back.

"Competition huh? Don't get your hopes up on fighting me. It's not happening." You state. He was closer... Another step back.

"Oh, I know you will Y/n. ♥" He says, your name rolling off his tongue. He sounded so certain. You take a third step and your back hit the cold metal wall. He put his hand against it, his towering body blocking the light of the elevator. You two were so close. This would be pretty hot if you still didn't want to rip his head off. You look at him intently, your nen thickening the air in the elevator.

"You don't know a damn thing about me."

       He looks back with those hungry eyes just like in the dreams. You slowly felt that desire that could make your knees buckle sneak back in. You ignore his lure and keep your resolve, which seems to drive him even more crazy.

"...You tempt me, flower."

The elevator beeps and the doors slide open. It was his stop. He stayed in place, basking in the moment just a little longer. After what felt like an enternity, he turned and exited leaving you all alone. The doors close making the space feel cold and empty. That exchange was so exciting, even though you were still so angry. The tension is addicting and his dangerous aura is intoxicating. Would fighting him feel like that?

       Maybe he knows you more than you know yourself.