Part 14

You wake up bright eyed and full of energy the next morning. Usually being up at this hour would have you groaning, but you were particularly motivated to get to training today.

You get yourself out of bed and make your way over to the curtains. The sound of metal rings clacking together filled the room as you pulled the curtains open, welcoming the morning light. Thanks to the height of the building, all you could see across the skies were the rolling clouds below you. For most, this kind of view was only seen in photos. Even though you've worked your ass off, you really were proud of yourself for making this far, and you know your father is too. You know you won't let him down.

You take a deep breath in, letting yourself feel this moment a little longer before exhaling and walking over to your dresser. While picking out an outfit, you shrug and end up choosing something black on a whim. You continue reflecting as go through the rest of your morning routine, brushing your hair, teeth, putting on a little makeup. You keep it natural, of course.

After taking one last look in the mirror, you decide it was time to head down to the gym. When the elevator beeps open, you were greeted by the jester leaning on the opposing wall. He smiles.

"Aren't you up early, Flower? ♥" Hisoka says. The butterflies in your stomach go crazy at the sight of him. You smile while still keeping a tight leash on yourself. Being too easy to please would be a mistake, Hisoka strikes you as the type to enjoy the chase. Lucky for both of you, you weren't.

"Yeah, I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep. What's your excuse?" You ask, closing the door behind you.

"I don't typically sleep well." He says in no particular tone.

"Hmm, that explains why you have time to do that makeup routine I guess." You banter, leaning against the now closed door. He chuckles. The silence in the room left the air heavy. You could feel the shift of tone. He straightens his back and walks up to you, running his thumb over your bottom lip. His eyes scan your tightly fitted gym clothes in approval. Black for the win.

"You haven't forgotten our little deal last night, right? ♥" He asks. Someone's feeling bold this morning. That devilish look in his eyes never got old, but it being this early meant you had plenty of self control to go around.

       "Not a single detail." You say with intention. Pleased with your reaction, he took your mouth with a small kiss.

       "Just getting a taste. Your lips are sweet this morning, Y/n." He whispers. You feel blush tint your face as you try not to melt into his touch.

       Keep up the poker face, Y/n.

       "Just so you know, I signed up for my first fight up here. Ill be against one of the longer running contestants, Bohara." You say. Hisoka rests his hand on his waist as he thinks for a second.

       "Hmm. Did you do your research on him?"

"Yes. I'll be his seventh match. He's undefeated with his both long and close range attacks."

"I never had much interest in him since it'd be an easy win with my bungee gum, but this might be a difficult fight for you~" He says with a cheery smile. He was just excited to finally see you fight a nen user on the stage.

"Thought I'd make my debut with a flashy fight. Oh that reminds me, you've never told me about your abilities." You say.

"My-"

       Suddenly, his phone rings. His smile weakens. You feel a slight shift in his mood though he doesn't show it. The elevator then beeps, allowing him to get off.

       "It seems this is important. Train hard Y/n, you'll need it~" He says. The elevator confidently ding and the doors slide open. He exits. Who would call him? He hasn't spoken about any family members or friends, unless.... Curiosity got the best of you. Early morning training could wait.

       You're not above sneaky tricks, clearly he isn't either. After seeing him turn the corner, you use zetsu to mute your aura and you trail him.

      You listen intently as he answered the phone. Thank god for your plot armor crazy hearing skills, am I right? As you expected, you heard a familiar stoic voice.

      Didn't miss you, Machi.

      "You need to come back. Boss is starting to get pissed that you keep going rogue."

      "Hm? Don't you have better things to do than worry about me, Machi? ♥"

      "For whatever reason they put me in charge of you. Both of our asses are on the line here."

     "Unfortunately for you, it seems I'll be here a bit longer than expected~" 

      "Cut it out. We have a mission, and the spider will keep moving with or without you."

      "I'm on my own mission~ I'm sure a man of Chrollo's knowledge can understand."

      "It's the girl isn't it." You could almost feel the eye roll through the phone.

       "Don't tell me you'd think I'd so foolishly fall for a girl? ♥"

      "You're either with us or against us Hisoka. If you're not here by sundown there will be consequences. You don't want us as your enemy."

      The line abruptly ends with a loud beep. Hisoka begins to laugh.

      "That would be quite fun, now wouldn't it.." He says as his blood lust spreads through the hallway like smog. It was suffocating.

Shit.

You high tail it out of there as fast and quietly as you could. Not many things are scarier than facing that mans raw blood lust.

      You breath heavily once you get inside one of the elevators, switching back ten. Once you get a second to start processing what happens, your head begins to spin. Spider, Chrollo, mission? As if this man wasn't mysterious enough.

      Secretive and conniving as usual, Hisoka.