Part 15

You guys ended up not seeing each other after that. You guessed he wanted you to focus on training for the day, but his absence left the phone call swirling in your mind all day.

      Obviously asking him about it was out of the question. You guys didn't know each other like that. Also, it'd probably look bad on you if you fessed up to spying on him. Though curiosity loomed over your mind again, you figured it'd be best to play it safe. And maybe do some investigation of your own. Maybe Gon and Killua could let you use that hunter website sometime?

Speaking of those two, you haven't seen them in a while, which was strange because for the past month you guys seemed to have gotten pretty close. By now you should've seen them in one of the common areas. Oh well, it could wait till tomorrow. You were way too exhausted to worry about others right now.

Still in your clothes, you turned the knob of the shower to let the water heat up. Bored and tired of the blaring silence, you turned on your scarcely used TV. Your body welcomed the soft bed after training all day.

You only were able to relax for a few minutes until the hairs on the back of your neck stood up straight. You were on your feet in a matter of milliseconds. Your eyes go straight to the door, and you notice it's unlocked.

You never learn, do you Y/n?

After a few second of careful listening and trying to find a presence nearby you relax. This had Hisoka written all over it. Besides after your initial entrance, nobody has really paid much attention to you. I mean, who else would be coming at this hour?

"Hiso-"

Suddenly your body became restrained together. In your struggle to move, small thin string cut into you.

"Nng.. Who?" Through the pain and shock, a bag is thrown over your head and you feel a firm hand grab your shoulder. Your panicked body was completely stunned.

"Hm. I expected more of a fight." A woman says. Is that...?

You were Machi's plan to reign in Hisoka. You quickly begin to think over the sound of your racing heart.

Shit shit shit. Okay, any ordinary string this thin would've broken by now, so it must be made from nen. By the size of the hand on my shoulder, it has to belong to a man, most likely a nen user too. What would dad do?

Adrenaline pumps through your veins as fight or flight begins to kick in.

Fuck it.

You use your density shift on everything but your hands and feet. The strings along with the bag slip through you and hit the floor. Before they could react, you grabbed the nearby remote, chucked at the pink haired woman. Midair, you changed the remote to resemble iron. She narrowly side steps it, then looks back to see the remote went through the wall.

"Phinks." She says, and the man springs into action.

He tries to grab you, but his hand slips straight through your torso.

"What the hell?" He yells.

The now laser focused Machi began heading straight for you with another string at her disposal. Your body was already on the brink of exhaustion, and you knew you couldn't keep up this form much longer.

"Well, this was fun while it lasted." You taunted, trying to hide your heavy breathing.

Being the badass you were, (and to spite this woman) you ran straight through the her on your way to the door. Easily phasing through both, you ran for the fire escapes wondered why they didn't both come running after you. Feeling the dizziness of exhaustion, you return to your normal self.

Giving up that easy, huh? Didn't take you for that type of girl, Machi.

Suddenly, you felt a sting in your left arm. Hissing in pain, you look over to see an antenna sticking out of your flesh. Your eyes became milky white.

"Gotcha." A cheerful young man smiled. The world around you became mute and your kind blank.

Oblivion.