Part 17

The car was mostly silent for the rest of the ride, with the exception of Phink's angry driving. Every once in a while he'd grumble under his breath when someone cut him off, or complain about the heavy traffic. The longer you guys drove, the fewer cars you'd see go by. Eventually you couldn't see anyone anymore. Just dimmed street lights and empty roads.

"We're here." Machi says.

"Handle her, Shalnark."

"You got it." He says sigh a smile, then looks back over to you. Phinks and Machi get out of the car with a slam.

"You probably know this by now, but don't try anything. I'm interested in your ability and it'd be a shame if you died here." He chats with you as he begins tying your hands together.

"Won't I die anyway if Hisoka doesn't come?"

"Oh! Yeah I guess so. That'd sure be a waste, huh."

"..."

"There we go. All done!" He says with a clap. He then helps you out of the car and they begin leading you to what you assume is their base. After seeing lots of crumbling buildings and lackluster scenery, you guys finally arrive.

Their base was basically a run down warehouse. Most of the windows were broken, the walls were basically crumbling. Pretty sure you saw a rat scurry into that corner.

How can anyone stand being here? If you're going to have some top secret hideout the least you could do is clean it up a bit...

All of the sudden you hear a farmiliar voice.

"Y/n!? What are you doing here!?"

Gon? Killua?

"Wait, they captured you guys too?!" You yell across the room out of surprise. The members look at you with an agitated expression. Probably best not to yell in the murder gang's ears.

"No, we asked first!" Gon yells. Killua elbows him, picking up on the mood as well. He laughs nervously. You continue the conversation once they chain you up next to them.

"They're holding me ransom to try to get Hisoka to come or something." You speak quietly so only you three could hear.

"Wait, Hisoka? Does that mean he's with these guys?" Killua and gon share a distressed look.

"I guess. They keep going on about this mission. Do you guys know anyone named Chrollo?"

"We're pretty sure he's the leader. We looked up the troupe on the Hunters site on them and that's the only thing we could find." Gon says.

       "Well apparently Hisoka's been ignoring that guys orders, so all the troupe members are pretty pissed."

       "These are the wrong people to piss off.. I know Hisoka's strong, but he's really picking a fight with the wrong people." Killua says.

       "Yeah. Now that we know nen, it's obvious how strong these people are." Gon says.

       "Okay.. Well since that that's out of the way, you guys tell me! I haven't seen you guys in weeks, how did you end up here?!" You unintentionally whisper louder.

       "Well, long story short we left the Heaven's Arena and went back to my house on whale island, and I got to see Aunt Mito again and she cooked us the bes-" Gon starts, but Killua cuts him off.

       "We were stalking these guys in hope of getting the bounty on their heads. We thought we were doing a good job hiding our presence, but it wasn't enough and we got caught." He explains.

       "Yeah, and now they're trying to recruit us!" Gon adds.

       "Recruit? You'd think they'd want someone more bloodthirsty." You say. Shalnark begins approaching you again.

       "Well, we told Hisoka we have you. Now it's a waiting game. Are you comfortable, Y/n?" He asks.

       "Well these cuffs could be loosened a bit."

        "Oops, can't do much about that." He laughs.

       "How do you know these boys?" A man with a ponytail asks. His clothes seem to resemble some kind of martial artist.

       "I met them in the Heaven's Arena." You decide to answer honestly. Fighting with these people were not in your best interest.

       "So you boys like to fight too? You guys really do remind me of Uvo. That's a riot." He chuckles.

       "They clearly have no interest in joining. You're wasting your breath, Nobunaga." A quiet man covered in black says.

       "Shut it Feitan, I'm gonna let the boss decide that."

        "Your stubbornness is idiotic..."

       "Ehh? Why don't you say that to my face!" The swordsmen stands up, instigating a fight.

        "Is that ponytail on too tight? I did say it to your face." Feitan shakes his head. It was as if you were watching reality tv. Suddenly, a strong aura is felt across the room. Everyone's head snaps to the door.

       "Boss, you're back. You've gotta get a load of these guys."

       Boss? You, Gon and Killua share a look.

        Slowly, Chrollo walks into the light.

       "I see we have visitors."