Part 13

Ever since the elevator encounter with Hisoka, you've felt like he's been keeping a close eye on you the past few days. Though he keeps his distance, he's always there. It was kind of creepy but in an endearing way. For example, he would sit a few tables away in the cafeteria or walk by in the lobby while you waited for an elevator.

       Of course this could be coincidence.

       One of the best outcomes of your encounter was that you no longer felt angry towards him. Maybe it was dumb, but you decided to believe his statement on how ignoring you benefited both parties. It's likely that woman was dangerous, and there's no doubt that being involved with Hisoka and her would be yet another target on your back. You pulled your shirt over your head as your mind wandered as your eyes glance over the clock. 2:30 am.

       But... Even when she's not around, why is he so hot and cold with me? The confliction doesn't make any sense, especially for someone so impulsive. I wish I could just drop him and focus on training here but...

       After getting your shorts on, you began slipping on socks and knotting up your gym shoes. You continue your thoughts as you lock up your room and walk to the gym.

       And at this point he probably knows i'm interested in him despite my efforts. I wish I didn't feel like this, falling for someone like that is so stupid. So why is it so exciting?...

       You snap back to reality when you arrive at the gym. As you hoped, you were the only one up training this late. If you can't sleep you might as well get on the grind.

Ever since you've learned reach, you've been especially motivated and have gone back to the basics and improving your strength and nen technique. You pull out a mat and begin stretching your legs through a straddle.

       Hisoka walked into the gym, standing in the doorway.

       "Y/n." He greets. The sudden noise definitely startled you and you look back at him with a confused look. You were the only one up, with one exception.

       "Hisoka? What're you doing up so late.." You look back forward trying to keep an even tone. He scanned your body with narrowed eyes. Feeling a bit exposed, you lean out of your straddle stretch and stand up to a more natural position.

      "I've been thinking.." You begin, eyes falling to the ground.

      "Is that so? ♥" He continues, entering the room and standing in front of you. You took a small step back, giving yourself room to breath.

       "Hm. Never mind." You say, thinking better of sharing. You turn around and begin rolling up your mat. His voice echoed in your head as you recalled the conversation in the elevator. As he begins to open his mouth to answer, he takes small steps towards you but you ignore him.

"Hm. Don't let me scare you off, I was just stopping by to do some training myself." He says nonchalantly. You turn to get a better look at him. He was wearing gym clothes. You scoff.

"I see that. I was just wrapping up so don't worry about it." You say as you stand up, all of your stuff gathered.

"Any change of heart about our fight?"

In the elevator?... No Y/n you idiot. He means the nen fight.

"Like I told you, I'm not going to fight you Hisoka." You state, taking pleasure in denying him this. You weren't above holding this over his head, even if your main concern was your own safety. You continue.

"I don't know what's so special to you about me fighting you, but I recommend finding a new fresh face to train up and knock down." You continue and begin towards the door. His eyebrows raised and his lips curled. Amusement. Big mistake.