THIRTY-THREE

Colin was busy smoothing out his hair into a mirror lying in his locker as I leaned against the wall next to Nico's, its owner pulling off his work clothes and hanging them neatly on a coat hanger inside. I couldn't help but gulp, throat wobbling, as Nico's muscles flexed when he pulled the shirt over his head, a generous waft of masculine musk and a hint of his aftershave tickling my nose. Nico's eyes flicked over to me as I shifted nervously on my feet, his head tilting to the side in a silent question, before he took in the spreading heat in my cheeks. Lips curling into a knowing grin, Nico just chuckled as he swung the door of his locker open wider, obscuring us from Colin's eyes, pulling me roughly with his arm to press a hard kiss to my lips. Squeaking, I half-heartedly swatted at his chest, Nico's chest rumbling as he chuckled, releasing me from his grip. 

"Lookin' a little red there, Wes," Nico teased, the little growl at the end of his words making me shiver again, cheeks only growing more and more heated. "You okay?"

"Fine. Perfectly fine," I said flatly, crinkling my nose while crossing my arms over my thundering chest. Nico laughed again, closing his locker with a loud metallic thunk, before turning to Colin. 

"See you later, man," Nico said, Colin turning to him, one of his hands combing through freshly gelled hair and the other holding an apple to his mouth. 

"You're not going? Pre-drinks is at mine, and then to town, remember?" Colin asked, and I gave Nico a questioning look. He hadn't said that he had plans after his shift. An uncomfortable, niggling itch at the bottom of my stomach began to swell. Was I getting a head of myself? Was I too bold in thinking that Nico's only plans revolved around me? 

Ah... Again. I forgot that this was Nico Beckett. He's Nico... and I'm just... Wesley. Don't forget that.

Keeping my face blank, I turned my gaze down to my shoes, toes rubbing circular motions into the dirty floor. 

"Nah, I think I'll take Wes home," Nico said, hand reaching out to grab mine. Eyes darting back to Nico's, I opened my mouth before I could really think.

"O-Oh, if you already have plans, I'll just bus home. Don't... Don't mind me," I said quickly, a nervous chuckle filling the air at the end of my sentence. I wiggled my fingers and untangled my hand from Nico's, its palm suddenly very wet and warm. Wiping my hand on the fabric covering my thighs, I gave Colin a small smile, already turning my body around, crutches dragging on the ground.

"Well, Wesley could just come with us? I'm sure the guys won't mind. Oh, well, Isaac might but he won't pull anything with the two of us there," Colin said, elongated canine tooth peeking out from his lips as he grinned, cracking his knuckles in front of his abdomen. 

"H-Huh?" I stammered, my injured foot suddenly throbbing a bit more at the mention of Isaac's name. "Thanks for the invite, Colin, really, but I think it's better if I just go home..." Turning back to Nico, I gave him a small tug on the hem of his shirt, giving him a (hopefully) reassuring smile. "Don't worry about me, just go have fun with your friends. I'll message you later."

Nico searched my face for a moment, blue eyes narrowing, before sighing heavily. Bending his towering body down slightly, Nico quickly wrapped his arms around my hips, letting out a grunt as he slung my torso over his shoulder. 

"N-Nico! What the hell!" my choked, shocked voice squealed. Crutches wobbling in the air, Nico's hands wrapped around my legs and my head hanging at his back, I could not nothing but dangle from Nico's arms like a limp noodle, sweat beginning to pool at the back of my neck as Colin stared at the two of us, his jaw stopping its rhythmic chewing motion. 

"Maybe next time, Colin. Wes and I are just gonna go home and take it easy tonight," Nico said, squeezing the hand clutching onto my thigh, making me yelp. Colin finally swallowed, nodding slowly, before grinning.