FIFTY-TWO

A/N: Surprise update, my gift to you! Here's the last chapter before the epilogue, which I will release very soon - I'm not crying, you are. Also, here is some awesome fan art of Nico and Wes made by the even more awesome @glynfrans. I love it to pieces!

Nico collapsed on top of me with a groan, body warm and heavy

Nico collapsed on top of me with a groan, body warm and heavy. His head pressed against the skin of my shoulder and chest, which rose and fell with laboured breaths, my body still trembling with the aftermath of my orgasm. I smiled as Nico shifted his head slightly, only to press a kiss to my collar bone. Returning the gesture, I curled my arms around, one resting on Nico's forearm draped across my stomach, the other burrowing in his hair. Nico let out a sigh when I kissed his forehead, his arms pulling me closer. 

"We should get you cleaned up," Nico murmured, beginning to pull himself off me. Not wanting to lose the feeling of his body pressed against mine just yet, I shook my head, tugging him back down. Nico chuckled, slumping back against me and kissing my shoulder again. "Okay, not yet, then."

"Mm," I said, running my fingers through Nico's hair, slightly damp from exertion but still silken through my digits. The two of us didn't move at all, not speaking for a while as we simply let our bodies calm down after the intense sex we had. Sex with Nico was always exciting, but something about this time was just... more. Maybe it was because the residue of our anger pumping through our bloodstreams, or just the pent up longing the both of us had evidently been storing for the past week.

"I'm sorry," Nico said softly, breaking the silence. My fingers faltered mid-stroke as I heard Nico's words, before continuing their gentle tugs.

"I'm sorry too," I replied, Nico moving the hand on my stomach to my chest, index finger tracing patterns across my skin. "I said lots of shit that... Ugh. I regret what I said. I'm sorry I over-reacted. It was stupid."

"It's not stupid," Nico said, nudging my face downwards to look at him. Rolling my eyes, I shook my head, face downcast.

"No, it was stupid. Really, really stupid," I said, frowning as I recalled the words I spat at him just an hour before. Nico sighed, thumb stroking my cheek softly.

"You had the right to be mad, Wes. I shouldn't have lost my temper either. I think we've both been too stressed with everything lately, we were both bound to snap."

"But I shouldn't have gone off on you about work," I stressed, my face scrunching up at the memory. "You've been working hard and that's not a bad thing. I shouldn't have made it sound like a bad thing."

"Yeah, but I should have just messaged you that I was going to be late," Nico huffed, voice tinged with anger, but this time it was directed at himself. "I can imagine you sitting there waiting for me, and I just..." Nico's voice trailed off, my boyfriend loosing a frustrated groan as he tugged me closer again. 

"We both fucked up," I said, Nico snorting loudly. "We should just leave it at that."

"Good," Nico said, voice firm. "I don't like fighting with you, it fucking sucks."