Aa

Prologue
●●●
I stared at his casket with my hands curled over my mouth. The man I've know for 17 years of my life, that carried me through the thickest and thinists, that held my hands from kindergarten through 4th grade, loved me dearly with all his heart, had appeared to be gone.

My sister's face was tense. Tears were forming in her eyes but she seemed to hold them back. Out of all our siblings, she seemed to be the strongest. She wasn't much of a daddies girl like I was, but she cared for him. Their relationship was ballistic. She hated him in every way possible. He was always hard on her, and she blamed that on the fact that he wasn't her real father, but he was.

I jumped a little when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I turned to see an emotionless mother. Her mouth was agape but her eyes were dry as ever. We said no words but the distance between us spoke for itself.

I bent over and kissed my father's cheek one last time. "I love you," I quivered as Pastor William walked me away.

As I stood infornt of a seat, I couldn't help but be disgusted by Tayja, who I've seen across the room. She was laughing with one of her friends as if my father's funeral was a joke. Tayja was a peachers daughter just like me. Our church's turned out to be complete rivals since there wasn't enough money within the community to pay for both.

Her father, Pastor Williams,  was always scamming our family so he could posses the funding's for his own church. That's how each of our families survived, but now my father was gone.

My best friend, Genave, stood beside me patting my back. "Do you think they have anything to do with it?" She asked staring back at Pastor Willams family.

I nodded my head. "They're not slick. Look at her just laughing."

My father had been shot. It's not right to assume, but that Williams family held a lot more secrets then I know.

The preacher spoke into the mike, "Everyone settle down, settle down. Now that we have finished with the Ceremony,  I would like you all to control yourselves before you leave."

A woman had shot her hand up as if she wanted to ask a question.

"Yes?" The preacher said pointing at her.

"If pastor Michael is gone, who's going to take over?"

A sly grin went across his face. "Well, I."

I sat in my seat letting out a groan. Was he even allowed to do that?
He couldn't possibly take over my father's spot like that. Combining the church's wasn't much of a problem, it's who controls it that is. He was extremely manipulative.

My strongest sister, Anita, ran out the church room with her hands over her eyes. Her black dress followed behind flowing into the air.

The pain she felt was probably deeper than mine.

It's gonna be hard to let go.