Oo

•••

I sat still looking at the brittleness my brother was producing with his stiff expression. He leaned back onto his seat, hands tucked away with cuffs. He was lucky that he was even allowed to get visitors knowing that this particular holding cell didn't let any come through.

"What were you thinking, beating her and killing a child that might possibly, just possibly be yours?" I said hands laid straight on the metal table.

He furrowed his brows at my question. "You really think I did that to her? I didn't grow up that way and you know it because we were in the same household at the same time."

If he was right about one thing it was that for sure. He would never persist or insist on anything so fatal especially to a female. We grew up in a family that taught us good Christian morals and we were punished if we went against it. "Then what happened? It's your story against Hers!"

He let out a tiny sigh. I could tell he was exhausted and tired with the situation our family was going through. "Remember When I told you I was going to talk to her about the whole 'who's the baby daddy' thing?"

I nodded my head recalling the memory of that night. "What about it?"

"Well, I called her over and she came. Her face was already busted up when I saw her and she was holding onto her stomach. I asked her what had happened but she wouldn't tell me shit. She made it seem like that was normal."

I knew what he meant. Lyrical is honestly sick to the head.

"Then I noticed that her pants was bleeding and she was dripping blood. I quickly brought her to the hospital scared of the damage that might've reached the baby, because as you said before, there is a possibility that it might be mine."

I nodded my head following his story.

"When we got to the medical center she was rushed into a room where she had told doctors I had beat her and kicked her stomach. She did that after I confronted her about her dead boyfriend and that Trey guy. After that authorities came after me and placed me under arrest."

What's wrong with her? Why would she put my brother through this shit?

"Well." I let out a breath of cool air, "it's your word against hers."

•••
"Well, they said they couldn't find him. Apparently that nigga disappeared like dads when baby mamas ask them for child support," Brox concluded.

Brox and I started getting closer, it was weird because I started to see him more like a brother every day. He was blood with Tayja of course but that didn't change my perspective of the kind of person he was.

We were talking about Adonis. After I had stabbed him, I've had so many people come by the house to question me and talk. I even was able to get a free therapist, and honestly I needed it.

"He's gunna come back harder, I know it."

Brox agreed. "Maybe you should just stay inside more, or maybe until that midget ass nigga is off the streets."

"And what if he's never off the streets Brox? He gets to keep my sister and she spends the rest of her time suffering?"

"Uh- hello.."

"And your sister too," I trailed off with an eye roll.

I could give two fucks about Tayja, now I don't have to worry about her and her shenanigans.

There was a hard knock on the door and I figured it was the police.

"Tell whoever is knocking at that door so hard to stop all that!" Mama yelled from the bathroom upstairs.