Cc

●●●
Jay grabbed the bag of chips I was eating and dug through. I snatched it back from him giving a death glare.

He was walking me to my 3rd period class. So many fights had went down today and security was actually on time getting to them.

I had a bad habit of skipping my last block, and everytime I did I was on the verge of getting caught. Because I looked so "innocent" the guards never ask if I have a note to go anywhere. I wasn't a suspicious person, but Nee was.

Jay wrapped his arm around me as we walked.

JAY:

I was so happy to hear from him yesterday that I didn't even think about what had happend earlier

I was so happy to hear from him yesterday that I didn't even think about what had happend earlier. "Why didn't you come to my dad's funeral?" I frowned. The time I needed him the most to cry on, he wasn't even there.

"Babe, I was busy. You knew allat." Another one of his excuses to get away with things. Jay was a smooth brown skinned boy with frizzy hair. I never understood why he wouldn't just comb it.

"You were playing basketball with my brother,  don't lie," Lyrical, another close friend, jumped in.

I rarely see Lyrical because of her problems. She's a bad cocaine addict and I don't know how Genavee did it, but she was able to put her in rehab. Lately, she's been holding on pretty good and keeping herself straight.

"And you," I snapped at lyrical,"why weren't you there?"

Lyrical looked around and whispered,"that's what I wanted to talk to you about.."

I gave Jay the we finna talk about this later look and walked with lyrical in the hallway. The bell had rung and I knew I was gunna be too late for class. "Um, wassup?"

Our arms were interlocked with each other. She was so small and frail. Her white hair was springing straight at 24 inches. It was so long and thick I can turn that shit into bundles.

"I- I messed up," she started.

"How so?" My eyebrows shot up with my question. We walked down steps #5 pass the cafeteria.

"I've been buying and selling and.."

I paused our movement and gave her a deep stare. "Why? Lyrical, we're trying to help you but nothing we tell you effects you enough to the point where you wanna stop."

Honestly, I was disappointed. She's been buying and selling since middle school. It may be hard but when you're getting help and not doing anything to improve, you just don't get better. Anita even tries to help her by giving  coping skills.

We started walking again. "Continue," I shrugged.

Security nodded their heads at us as I waved them on.

"I found out I'm pregnant."

My eyes widened. She's pregnant and doing crack? How does that even work? "Lyrical, What the hell! Who's the father, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Some dude named Trey on west side."

I face palmed myself. This was going to be trouble. There were four gangs known in the city I lived in: North, East, South, and west. Because we lived on the East side of Quail city, we were surrounded by tons of druglords and gangs that went by "East" In other parts of the city, it was filled with different gangs depending on the location.  East side and West side had big beef, just as North and South. At the end of the day, they all hated each other.

"West side, girl. You shouldn't have. You're making it hard on yourself."

She pulled her  sleeves down until they were covering her hands exposing no skin connected to her arms. "I know ," she whispered,"I'm going to ask you for a favor."

"Yes?" I was still shook from everything that went down.

"Help me to abort it."

●●●

"Michael's, Run FASTER," My Gym teacher yelled using my last name. I swear he was always on my dick calling me out whenever he could.

I panted and pushed through moving as fast as my body would let me. Letting my mind move around. This had been the 7th time that my gym teacher had pushed me to run within each class I had with him.

When the beeper went off, my hands went straight onto my knees. I let out a few breaths before walking up to coach.

"Why do YOU always make ME run extra when there's other students out here who need the grade," I panted.

He patted my back with his crusty hands and smiled.  He was a 58 year old short, wrinkly man who just seemed to push my limits whenever he could.

"A old man once told me, move to clear your mind," he said softly.

I stood up stretching my legs and laughed,"when you tell yourself that?"

He sat down into his broken down chair. "My, you have a smart mouth. I'd watch what id say if I were you. You know your mom don't mind coming to the school and smacking it."

I sat down beside him in another torn up seat. The other students were doing free activities which consisted of volleyball, 4 square, tennis, basketball, and a few other things.

"Shhh, don't tell her nothin," I whispered before smiling.

He leaned back and stared off. "Trust me, Michael's, you're gunna thank me for pushing you to walk longer."

I nodded my head. "If you say so."

"Try walking around in the neighborhood if you have to. You'll see what I mean."

I stood up and gave him a hug. Although he could tare me up, I learned so much from him. He was honestly like an uncle unknown.

●●●

"Whoa," Anita said with her hands cooped over her mouth,"hopefully you told her no."

ANITA:

Anita and I sat Indian style on the bed conversating a few

Anita and I sat Indian style on the bed conversating a few. "I did say no."

"Good, cause if anyone found out the preachers daughter is letting someone get an abortion.  Oouu- we, they tearin that ass up!"

I laughed at her oouu-we. It's been awhile since we've spoken like this, especially since she's so hooked up with college, and trying to move out.
I threw a pillow at her. "Where's Mark?"

Mark was our eldest brother. He was in and out of the house a lot. He didn't even sleep in his own room, or eat here.

Anita threw the pillow back. "He was here earlier today, said he was gunna be a dad. It shook mom so bad that she spilled burning grits on him while he was sitting.

"She did that shit on purpose," I broke in imagining his face.

"I SWEAR."