Dd

●●●
I had finally went on a walk. My earbuds were stuck to my ears as summerwalker played.

I hummed along,
Honestly, I'm tryna stay focused
You must think I've gotta be joking when I say..

My phone beeped and it was from local news. I stared at the screen to see what this could possibly be.

I read between the lines of a few paragraphs as it spoke about a shooting outbreak, apparently a few gang members had hit jackpot on someone. I simply ignored it and redirected myself back to the song.

I just need some dick
I just need some love
Tired of fucking with these lame niggas baby,
I just need a thug

I drifted off as the wind blew slightly against me. This was the feeling, being so calm and into my own world that nothing exis--

Boom

I was knocked to the ground by a heavy and steep body. My head had automatically hit dirt leaving space for grass to enter my mouth.

I tried to stand up but the body groped me towards the ground so I couldn't move. As I tried to see who is was that had pushed me, they quickly got up and shot their gun at someone across the street.

The sound of the bullet only made me want to stay on the ground, but that was no risk I was going to take.

My shorts were strained with mud and I felt myself muffle.

"Stay there," the masked man said pointing at me.

"NO, I-I DONT WANNA DIE, NIGGA."

I stood up quickly with my earphones still in my ears and found myself ready to make a dash for it until I realized the man across the street was aiming one of his guns at me.

Dude with the mask pushed me back onto the ground again causing us to dodge a bullet.

This time grass actually did go inside my mouth. I spat at the disappointing taste.

The man across the street was then tackled by the masked mans teammate.

He had finally gotten off of me, pulling me up with his hands.

What kind of fuckery is this ?

Ever just been in so much shock that you just stand there?

I felt like a dumb bitch just standing with my mud crippling off my clothes.

I didn't know what got into me but I shot off running.

I didn't get far since the masked figure had grabbed me. "Aye," he started,"them streets blocked with shootas. You stupid?"

I yanked my arm from him. That probably explained the news that came up on my phone. I completely ignored it and continued on with the peace I was feeling.

He took his mask off and looked down at his phone as if checking out where the rest of the guys were at, and without a doubt I instantly knew who it was from the dark waves and lengthy height. "Juvie?" I blurted out

He looked up at me with his deep dark brown eyes and I could tell he knew who I was.

"You the preacher daughter.."

I nodded my head.

"Ah hell naw," he put his phone in his pocket," I gotta take you home. Can't have no preachers daughter shot up in this bitch."

He walked to his car, which was on the side of the road, and hopped in. Without hesitation he rolled his window down. "Lemme take you home, girl"

I looked at him as if he were stoopid. Is he dumb? Is he ignorant? Is he slow? Is he simpleminded? Is he idiotic?