vV

●●●
It has been a week now. I never got to the chance to go on that date with Dre as we planned. I actually haven't seen him since his brother decided to turn himself in.

Turns out, Trey had a lot of enemies in jail waiting for him and someone ended up killing him. I knew the news was tough on Dre, especially since he was getting to know him.

I guess that left West side and North side at his command. His father did get what he wanted. Like I assumed before, he knew the game he was playing and he knew he was playing it well. He had the idea that one of his sons would die, and another would take control. He just didn't know it would be Dre.

The church had opened up again after many months of being remodeled because of the murder that took place when Nas and his men came in.

Everyone came in as usual, directing themselves to their seats in preparation to hear Pastor Williams words.

"Today's topic of prayer today will be Change," He started as everyone took his seats.

I looked around noticing how everything was different. There was a time where I would sit 10 different seats away from Tayja and her family, and now I sat beside her with no problem.

Don't get me wrong, I still dislike Pastor Williams with a passion and I still was mad at my mothers decision to be with him, but I couldn't be mad that they were happy.

"God will put you in uncomfortable positions. You may be happy where you are, you may be happy where you stay, and you may be happy with whoever you are with, but if it's not right for you God will make some changes," Pastor Williams spoke into the mic.

My mind drifted off to how everything started off. Almost a year ago, I didn't know half the people that I knew and I wasn't doing half the stuff that I was doing.

Tayja stood up nodding her head to her fathers words.

Pastor Williams pointed at the audience. "Sometimes, it's just time to change. Sometimes you can't sit here doing the things you were doing before. Change builds stamina and stamina makes growth. If you can't change for the better, then you're not growing."

As he continued to preach I looked down at the phone hoping a message would come up. I know it's wrong to expect too much out of someone you're not with, but I honestly.. missed him.

"Is this seat taken?" Someone asked me.

I shook my head and looked up to see Dre. He had a scar on his face, followed by a small smirk. As always, he had a durag on, but this one was white.

I didn't ask him where the scar on his face came from since I can simply save that question for another day.

"I thought you didn't go to church," I whispered to him as he stood beside me letting his smile grow.

"I don't," He replied back, "but I need it"

"Well," I started remembering when I had first met him at the Juvie with the other church members, "Do you want me to pray for you?"

He looked at me for a moment and his eyes lightened up. The smile on his face never left. Instead of answering me all he did was grab my hand and hold it tight.

He didn't have to tell me what the answer was, I already knew.