Xx

A week later
●●●

"I don't wanna wear this ugly dress mama," Ava complained while she looked at herself in the mirror that stood above her.

She tugged on the ruffles that was attached to the ends of the dress. Ms. Roland smacked Ava's hand and escorted us out the room.

"Today is not about you Ava. I could give a fuck about what you wanna wear." She glanced over at me with a smile. "Brianna, honey, please make sure she grabs her flowers before this wedding starts."

"Yes ma'am." I grabbed Ava's hand in search for the flowers.

Today was actually the day that they were getting married. I wasn't really shocked about it, but at the same time, I was because Dre promised to himself that he would never let Lamar get the opportunity to be with his mother.

"I hate this ugly dress," Ava continued her complaints while tugging at the ruffles once more. "Hey Bri Bri?"

"What?," I asked before handing her the missing flowers.

We walked outside to view almost 200 other people conversing and meeting each other. The crowed was filled with suits and dresses. I knew they had a big family but I didn't know it was that big.

The memory of my parents Marriage popped up in my mind as I noticed how everything was either white or velvet. It was a beautiful floral theme that surrounded the whole yard.

Ava took a seat beside me waving at people who I assumed to be her family members.

"Why have I not seen you at the house anymore?" She questioned me furrowing her light brows.

I shrugged my shoulder coming up with a excuse, "I just been busy."

"It's sooooooooo weird not seeing you or hear Deondre talk about you." She flipped her hair behind her shoulder watching more people arrive.

Shock ran over me when I saw Cameron come with David as his date. It was about time that he showed his true colors instead of hiding them away.

David came over and gave me a tight hug before getting pulled back into his seat by Cameron.

"He talks about me?" I glared my eyes over at her.

She stood up grabbing her flowers. "Not anymore girl." with that being said picked up her feet and walked to the back preparing for her moms arrival.

Genavee and Jasmine came through, gave me a quick kiss on my cheek, and sat down behind me.

"Now who invited you two?" I joked looking over at their attire. I could tell they put time and effort into their outfits compared to me, I just kept it simple with my light pink form fitted dress.

"Almost everyone is coming here. There's so many people so we just came along," Ginavee said while taking in all the people who were here.

"I invited Cameron to come with me, but he said he had practice today so Jasmine volunteered to take his place," She added on.

I didn't want to be the one to tell her about Cameron's where about's, but something seemed fishy. "Um, Gena.. Cameron is here." I paused for a few seconds. "He's just here with.. David."

Ginavee didn't even say anything. She picked up her belongings and headed out the exit, where Ava stood, still holding onto the flower basket.

She really wouldn't have been in this situation if she just broke up with him after finding out he was cheating. Not everyone deserves a second chance, and this is one reason why.