Mm

●●●

"Mark," Did you hear what I just said?

Marks eyes were glued to the TV as news reporters explained what happend the night before.

He nodded his head while tapping his cigarette butt on a template. "Hell yea, I hurd. I know she didn't cheat on me- she couldn't have. That nigga," he pointed at the screen to a dead Jordan," that nigga probably the father."

I sat down next to him on his stiff dark couch that he had since 2012. "Listen, there's a possibility that some dude named Trey is the father also."

I know Jay told me that's why Trey beat on her. She told Trey he was father for his money, even though it was a lie. Now it seems like everything is pinned on my brother and I wasn't letting that go down. He could be lying to me too, or at least she'd be lying to him.

Mark put his head down and rubbed his fingers down his face. "I'm going to have a talk with her later. Figure some shit out because I'm not taking care of someone else's baby."

"Dat part!"

●●●

We watched as David slid down into a perfect split. His legs were so straight and sturdy and his arms stood in the air as he did jazz hands. "I had no idea that he was dating her," he complained to us.

We were able to bring up the commotion that happend a couple nights back, David was willing to explain to us what had actually happend.

He stood up and reached for his toes. "I can't even believe he cheated on me with that- that-," he pointed at Genavee who was watching across the room," with HER"

Genavee lent him a stank face, but she ignored his presence and wanted to watch the rest of the little kids dance.

Nee pulled one of her legs up to her head attempting a hard stretch. "How long y'all been dating anyways?"

David stopped his movement so he could have time to think. "On and off for three years."

I sipped on my tea and stayed on hush mode. I was curious about how this happend, of course, but I didn't want to get any more involved into a situation that I didn't belong in.

"And that nigga took me to my fucking prom and shit," he added.

If it was one thing about their relationship, it was the fact that nobody would've even known he was dating him and Genavee at the same time. Mostly because, David went to a private school that was somewhere in the suburbs, and Genavee went to our school which had one too many people to even notice David.

"We were trying to have makeup sex, until you three rascals came in," David yelled.

The dancers turned and looked at him with confused faces. These kids were so innocent.

Ms. Regans came over to our group and stood in the middle taking up our attention. "Do NOT speak in my class if it's not about dance."

David stood up and snapped his fingers in her face. "Um, excuse me. Do you not see me having a conversation?"

David had explained to us that his dad was paying extra money to Ms. Regans because he was doing stuff with her. They weren't dating or anything, but he felt like he had an advantage.

"Don't make me have to get your dad," she said in a high pitched voice, thinking that she probably hit a nerve on David.

And that's exactly what she did because David was not having her drama. "And don't make ME have to tell people you're getting paid to sleep with my dad."