Chapter 15

He won't talk to me, look at me. If I'm walking into a room he'll get up and walk out. He won't eat dinner with us. When he wants Kennedy he'll have his mother or someone else to come get her.

All because he was looking after me and I flipped. I understand his reasoning but he should have came talk to me first instead of calling my job and telling them I quit. That's why I flipped he didn't want me working anymore. I was working to many hours, doing my homework, trying to take care of Kennedy, not eating, sleeping, not taking care of myself period. He just wanted to lessen the stress on me. I thought I could do it on my own. People do it all the time. Why couldn't I?

Now that I think about it I wasn't even mad at him. I was mad at myself. I couldn't work, go to school and take care of my own child. I'm a complete and utter failure. And he's right. It is always about me. I never gave him a chance to explain why he didn't tell me I was his mate. I never gave him a chance to be there for me. I never gave him a chance to be there for Kennedy. He's right I took so much away from him.

"Hey princess." I say picking up Kennedy.

"Mama." that's right she finally said mama but her first word was dada. Of course. "Dada." I sigh.

"I don't know where daddy is." I tell her.

"He wants me to come get her." Seth says coming into my room. "He's taking her to the park." I nod an okay.

"Alright let me get her dressed." I tell him. "You want to go to the park with daddy?" I ask her.

"Dada." she chirps clapping her hands. I giggle at her.

"Well let's get you dressed."

"Can I?" Seth ask.

"Sure." I tell him handing her to him.

"Do you know what mom has planned for her birthday?" he ask me.

"No she won't tell me. Won't even give me a hint." I groan. "Won't even let me do anything!" I say throwing my hands up in there air. He laughs at me. "Do you know how long he's going to be gone?" I ask him.

"Couple of hours. Why?"

"You want to go shopping with me?"

"Shopping?" he groans. "Why can't we go to the skate park?" I laugh.

"Make you a deal. You go shopping with me. I'll take you to the skate park."

"Only if you let me teach you how to skateboard?"

"No way. I'll die!" he laughs at me shaking his head.

"I won't let you die." I bite my lip thinking.

"Fine." I sigh.

"There all pretty." he coos at Kennedy after getting her dressed. He's a natural. "Let's go princess." he chirps. "Meet me downstairs." he tells me walking out the door. I put on my shoes, grab my wallet and head downstairs. I get there just as they heading to the door.

"Hey." I whisper to Christian. Of course he ignores me. "Hey." I say to Amber and Vance.

"Hey shorty." Vance says to me. "What are you up to?"

"Making a deal with the devil." I answer. He cocks an eyebrow.

"You what?"

"I made a deal with the devil."

"I'm not the devil." Seth says coming into the hallway with his skateboard.

"Says you. Who else would black mail a klutz?"