First Encounter

It was a typical day for the quirkless teen known as Izuku Midoriya, running away from his bully's as fast as his legs could carry him. He didn't understand why they always picked on him: Only him. All he ever did was say that he wanted to be a hero in class. Sure, they made fun of him for his dreams, that didn't mean they also had to beat him. It was even worse as Katsuki was the one picking on him. Katsuki and Izuku were once friends, but that all changed when they were age four. Bakugou got a marvelous quirk while Izuku was left quirkless. Katsuki became powerful while Izuku became his punching bag, a 'Deku' as the mean teen would say: An insult to his name, meaning 'The one who can't do anything'.

After running for so long, Izuku found himself in an alleyway. His legs burned and he had lost his bearings during his attempted escape, his bullies appeared to have vanished, so that was good. Or so he thought, "Well Deku, I'll admit your fast on your feet, but play time's over," Katsuki said in a menacing voice. His other two allies had also caught up by now. They seemed out of breath but were still ready for a beat down. Izuku backed against the wall, his body froze, too scared to defend himself. Katsuki grabbed Deku by the collar and shoved him against the wall.

"So, little Deku still thinks he can be a hero huh," Bakugou said as volcanic explosions formed on his free hand.

"I take back what I said Kacch--" Izuku was interrupted by a punch to the face.

"I said never call me that." Bakugou spat at the green-haired freak.

"I'm sorry," Deku replied, tears forming in his eyes.

"Jeez, Bakugou do we really have to do this," one of his friends asked, a little confused as to why they had to bully this quirkless all the time – "there's no fun in bullying someone like—".

"Quit it, you extra," Bakugou yelled back, "We have to teach Deku here a lesson." On cue, Bakugou sent his right knee flying into Deku's stomach. Izuku coughed as his body dropped to the floor with a thud.

The group ganged up on him, striking him anywhere they could. Deku was unable to utilize any means to defend himself, he just laid there being kicked. They, unfortunately, had quirks that could cause some serious damage, whilst he possessed nothing.

He was just a punching bag for the strong. Deku refused to be a mere punching bag his whole life. Deku wanted to be strong: All Might levels of strong... But there was absolutely no possible way that he could. Without a quirk, the ground was where Deku belonged. It was useless to resist. Modern society deemed him useless for anything. No matter what he did or how hard he desperately tried; a quirkless, useless, fragile person like him would always be society's punching bag. Why even bother at life at this point. Perhaps it'd be best if he just died. The only person who would care is his mother. There was his dad, but he's always overseas working, never there when his son dearly needed him. Then again, who would sincerely care for a pathetic, quirkless, unimportant person... Even if they are your son?

Despite being spaced out for a bit, Deku's mind had been brought back to reality by a small explosion to the face. His body was now covered in bruises and ached. Bakugou was towering over him, making sure that he stayed down.

"Just give it up Deku. All you will ever be in life is a pebble and no matter--"