The Amazing Race

AN: THE FIRST EVENT IN THE UA SPORTS FESTIVAL IS HERE.

Sorry, it took so long, I wanted to publish this sooner but I had to wait for editors. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

BANG!

With that one loud shot, the race was off.

Students from all over rushed to the entrance, desperate for passing everyone else. While many students rushed for the spot of number one, two students stayed behind.

"Are you sure we should stay behind? I'm sure we could easily win," Mikazuki Rei asked.

"I'm sure. We don't need to win this session to win the tournament. Besides, it will help us in the long run," Hitoshi Shinso replied.

While those two stayed behind everyone else ran far ahead. Izuku Midoriya was one of them, however, he found himself stuck between the swarm of people. 'I can't get out, there are too many people around me! And I can't use my quirk or strength or else the people around me could get hurt.'

Luckily for him, his savior had arrived.

"OH YEAHHH!" Saw Paing said as he ran along the wall. He then grabbed Midoriya by the hair and lifted him over his shoulder. "LET'S GO, BUDDY!"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Izuku asked. He struggled to break free, but Saw Paing's grip was too strong for him.

"Relax, my good friend. I'm here to save you," Saw said in Burmese.

"What are you saying?"

Saw Paing ran right out of the hallway and landed on the floor safely. He then put Midoriya down and patted him on the head. "How do you feel?"

"What?"

"Excuse him, he doesn't know that much Japanese," Charkii Chaisai explained. He came out of nowhere and found himself interacting with the duo. "Don't worry he's a nice guy."

"LET'S WIN THIS RACE!" Saw yelled out as he raised his hands in the air. Although Izuku didn't understand what he said, he got the gist of it.

"We don't need to win this race," Chakrii stated. He then felt a couple of kids brush past him. "We should go." He and the other two ran with the crowd.

"What do you mean?" Izuku asked, making sure to avoid oncoming students.

"Before coming here, I watched previous Sports Festivals get an idea of what was to come. One of the most common events was races, it's usually the first or second event. Another thing I've learned is that for the first two events, we don't need to get first place to pass," Charkii explained.

"Oh I get it now," Izuku replied. "I remember that some kids pass if they made it in the top thirty."

"Exactly, we just need to at least place in the top thirty and we pass," Chakri explained.

"No," Saw Paing said, which caused both all three of them to stop. "We are men. We strive to be number one. The greatest of the greats never backed down, so why should we? We are heroes, and we will WIN!"

"What did he say?" Izuku asked.

His answer came when Saw picked him and Charkii over his shoulder. "LET'S GOOOOO!"

The shout was so loud that Izuku had to cover his ears so that they wouldn't burst. Saw then ran at full speed, while also carrying Izuku and Charkii at the same time.