chapter eight- there are good days

we walk in soda's house. "Hey guys!" i scream startling the gang. "hey midnight!" they all say. soda walks in "hey y'all!"  he says laughing! "soda is your" cutting darry off soda says "yup all gone all of it same with her!" he says pointing at me. "nice that's good buddy" darry says smiling. "anyways my turn!" i say.

"i'm moving in with my father my dumb mother lied he's alive soda's helping me move all my stuff to his house at 5826 happy avenue two streets over from my house now so everything will be the same just i'll have a happy home life too because imma daddy's girl!" i say cheerful and laughing.

"we wanted you to know!" soda says. "okay!" darry says. "okay c'mon soda time to go move my stuff!" i say to him. "okay  babe!" soda says as we walk out. "okay lets grab my stuff than i'll drive me you and moon over to my new house." i say cheerfully. "okay!" he says putting my stuff in the back. "MOON!" i say calling for her.

"what?" she says walking downstairs. "c'mon dad isn't dead he now has custody of us." I say. "okay lets go!" she says. "she's a mama's girl" i tell soda. "sis who is this?" Moon says. "oh my boyfriend sodapop!" I say. "oh hi sodapop." my sister says. "hey there" he says. "we're here." i say. i knock on the door as soda and moon get our stuff.my dad opens the door. "midnight!"

he hugs me. "dad!" i say as moon and soda walk up to the steps. "oh my what happened to you mid-mid!" my dad asks as we all walk in and sit on the couch. "welp mother happened and this." i say pulling up my sleeve, "you can thank depression for that" i say pulling down my sleeve.

"but my depression is gone now dad!" i say cheerfully. "this is my boyfriend soda!" i say. "hello soda" says. "without him i'd be dead because of mother." I say. "for that!"
dad says.

"thank you and you can come over and even stay the night whenever you like!"" my dad says thanking soda. "thanks and it was nothing i'd do anything for mid" soda says. moon goes upstairs to her new room.

"i have a wife!" my dad says. "her name is Kathryn" dad says. "yes a whole new happy home life!" i say. "dad imma call her mom are you okay with that?" I ask. "yes i am darlin"dad says.

                                                          the next day

soda arrives at my house it's monday darry drove him over so my dad could take us to school.they walk up to the door and knock. my dad answers "oh whats up soda how are you so this is your brother you have been telling me about?" my dad says happily.

"you must be darrel come in stay a while they got ready too early." Dad says. "okay sure." darry says walking in after soda. dad takes us to school.

AT LUNCH!

"girl it's been a while where have you been oh hey soda!" Bailey says. "I've been in the hospital and moving over to my dad's house my mother lied he is alive i'm really happy now." I say. "oh and soda is my boyfriend now." I say. "cool I guess?" Cherry says.

They walk away so I walk up to Africa, Azalea, Hannah, and Paris. "Hey!" I say! They turn around. "Hey candy corn!" Paris says. "How are you girls!" I ask. "I'm great!" Paris says.

"I'm hungry!" Hannah says. "I got dumped!" Azalea says. "I'm just Vibing!" Africa says. I laugh a bit. "Here Hannah eat this!" I say giving her chocolate. "Food!" Hannah yells.

I laugh. "That sucks Azalea you'll get through it though!" I say hugging her. "Thanks kisses!" She says. "Africa why are you such a mood?" I ask her. She chuckles. "Cause I am that's why!" She responds.

after school!

i get home "hi dad." I say. "hey mid-mid here i got you a new phone." He says. "thanks dad!" i say taking it. "I'll go to sleep now i'm tired." I say. "ok mid-mid!" dad says. i go to my room. I hop in bed and fall into a dreamless sleep.

find out more in chapter nine