Chapter 14

Marlon and I across the street with linked arms and headed across the street to Rockefeller Center. We were greeted by a large tree in the distance from the balcony we stood on. People ice skated below us, and the golden statue the center is famous for looked down on them.

The tree wasn't lit up yet, I figured it was because it wasn't late enough. Marlon and I sat on a bench as people passed by.

"I want to know about your past." I told Marlon. He held my hand in his, and looked down as his thumb rubbed over my hand.

"I don't share my past." He mumbled.

"You must have such a dark past." I teased with a giggle. Marlon didn't laugh.

"When Tony told you I got kicked out of the New School, did he say for what?" Marlon asked. I shook my head no. "Good. A bunch of rumors float around but no one knows the truth."

"And what's the truth?" I asked with a risen brow. Marlon mumbled under his breath and stood up, shoving his hands in his pockets. "What's taking them so long with this tree anyway? It looks like any other damn tree."

"I'm from White Plains, New York. My parents emigrated from Jamaica." I told him. He ignored me, and still looked around. As a girl passed by in a form fitting coat, he watched as her ass swayed past us. "Are you listening?"

"I don't need to know about your past. I just need to know about you now. Who is the Pattie right here in front of me?" Marlon asked. I rolled my eyes as he said my name.

"Marlon." I stood up and walked over to him. "We've done everything but get to know each other."

"Since when were you sentimental?" He spat and began walking toward the railing of the balcony. People crowded around us, it was annoyingly packed on that thing.

He lit another cigarette as he leaned on the railing, watching couples below ice skate fall on their butts. I touched his shoulder and he shrugged my hand off.

"You're hot one minute and cold the next." I protested. "I don't even know why I speak to you."

"Then don't, Pattie." He said nonchalantly. I pierced my lips as I stared at the back of his head, he wouldn't even look at me.

"What made you all upset so suddenly?" I asked, leaning onto the railing next to him.

"Like any other human I don't like to be chatted about!" Marlon huffed. "And I don't like to be pestered."

"Well if you don't want to exchange stories of our pasts then you can kiss me goodbye." I crossed my arms. "We had sex Marlon!"

"And you were real sexy when all you were doing were moaning." He looked at me and began walking off. People standing by began to watch us.

"Brando." A girl said as he walked by. "I saw you on Broadway."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" He huffed and leaned on a different part of the railing. I walked over to him again.

"Marlon." I said softly, rubbing my hand on his back. "If you won't tell me about your past, I want to know about your present."

"My present is spending time with you. Sleeping with you. Giving pleasure to you." He said turning to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"And when you're not with me what are you doing?" I asked and he grinned, nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Thinking of you." He growled, his hand reaching for my ass.

"Are you ever not horny?" I asked and he looked at my face.

"I'm always horny. I'm horny for sex, the stage and now for you." Marlon said as he squeezed me even closer to him. "I always want you lately."

Before I could answer, the whole crowd cheered as they looked up at the tree. Christmas Carolers began to sing.

Have yourself, a merry little Christmas

"Merry Christmas, Pattie." Marlon said as he looked into my eyes.

"It's not Christmas." I laughed and Marlon smiled back.

Let your heart be light

"Well I'm glad you're in my life now. Even though I show it in weird ways." Marlon admitted.

Next year all our troubles will be out of sight

His hair hung in front of his forehead in curls, and he rose his eyebrows as he looked down at me. His pink, supple lips with that perfect beauty mark parted. And next thing I knew, he was kissing me.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

People stared as that passed by, some who stood by us whispered. But it didn't matter in that moment. In that moment we were the only ones who existed.

His lips practically melted into mind, and his tongue wrapped with mine slowly. My fingers curled in his hair as our heads tilted into the kiss. He kissed my cold cheek, his lips grazed in my jawline with a tiny lick, and then kissed my neck.

I laughed as I looked up at the sky. The stars weren't visible from all the bright lights of New York. I looked to the beautiful tree and closed my eyes as Marlon kissed my neck.

I kissed him on the lips and it felt like I was floating away.

So have yourself a merry little Christmas now