Chapter 29

I looked at my red wiggle dress in the mirror. Then, I slipped my black pumps on my feet. I lifted my white gloves, covering my hands, and got my red fascinator hat, pinning it to my hair. I slipped on my "good" coat, and the door to the dorm room opened beside me.

"Wow." Marlon said softly as he looked up and down my body. "You look fantastic."

I smiled at him.

"I feel fantastic." I walked over to him and linked arms. We walked down the hall as people starred. The girls were silent for once, they finally knew who Marlon Brando was.

We headed to a little Italian restaurant, other than the one Marlon originally called. A man in a penguin tux seated us at our table in the dimly lit room, and Marlon pulled out my seat for me.

"After you." He whispered in my ear from behind and then softly pushed me in after I sat. He walked around the table to sit at the opposite end and the man handed us our menus.

"I have to say, Marlon, you've really grown since I've first met you." I smiled as I looked at the menu. It was all in Italian.

"Well, I'm a grown man." Marlon noted. "I know what I want, and I want you. If change had to come about to keep you, I found it necessary."

"Do you?" I asked with a risen brow. Marlon grinned and the waiter came over and poured us red wine, and he also left a glass bottle of water on the table.

"Oh gosh. Who invited him here?" Marlon asked as he clenched his jaw.

Paul walked into the restaurant, dressed in a well fitted suit. His scanned the restaurant, but didn't notice our table. I looked down to avoid making eye contact.

"And she's here." Marlon complained as a blonde woman with a fur scarf walked in. It was no other than Kim, and she looked around with her chin up high.

"We're leaving." Marlon executively decided.

"How can you say that for the both of us? It's our date." I fought back.

"And someone is here who I don't particularly like and someone who you don't really like either is here, Pat. Time to go!" Marlon said standing up. As he stood up, he slightly bumped into the waiter who was walking back to our table to take our order.

"You do not want to order the food?" He asked in his thick accent.

"That'll be fine, thank you." Marlon said throwing a wad of cash on the table. Before we could make our get away, it was too late.

"Marlon! Pat!" Paul smiled as he walked over to us. "How are you?"

Marlon and I quickly put on a fake smile. Kim slowly walked up to us as well along with a Paul.

"Marlon!" She smiled. She still kept on her happy face, but never properly greeted me.

"Marlon, you know Kim." Paul noted as he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Yes, been there done that." Marlon snarled at Paul.

"You two have?" Paul asked and Kim laughed.

"Many times." She mumbled, and that time she finally did look at me. I hated that girl and wanted to rip her hair right out of her—

"You know, Marlon, I think we have more in common than our faces." Paul joked and Marlon didn't laugh. I linked my arm with Marlon's.

I watched Paul as they had a seemingly light conversation with tension sewn in. Paul always seemed to look good and well put together. You could tell he was not unaccustomed to a privileged life, and his tailored suit showed that.

"I'll see you next time, Paul, and hopefully you'll be a little more unique in your dating choices in the future

"I'll see you next time, Paul, and hopefully you'll be a little more unique in your dating choices in the future." Marlon joked, but you could tell he meant to be heinous in the words he said.

"It's funny, because when I do take out the girls you have taken out, they say I do it well." Paul snapped back with a smile. He stuffed his hand into the pocket of his slacks.

"Goodbye." Marlon spat, guiding me out of the restaurant.

"Toodle-loo!" Kim rudely shouted after us after we left.

We stood outside in the cold air, now with no reservation and no where to have a date. Marlon pressed a cigarette between his lips, then desperately tried to light a match but the wind kept blowing it out. I got the match to light, and cupped my hand along with his around his cigarette to get a light.

"I thought you liked Paul." I broke silence, and he blew out his cigarette smoke. "I mean— you were just..."

"I know." Marlon defensively answered. "I know what we did."

"So why don't you like him?" I dared to ask. Marlon shuffled with his feet, then looked to me.

"You know what? When we were all together that night... you and him were just..." Marlon took another puff his cigarette. "You had a little too much fun. I gave the kid a chance but now I don't know. He's probably a freak."

"He's a freak? You're a freak!" I laughed and Marlon gave me a serious look.

"That's why I'm with you." I laughed, wrapping my arms around Marlon. He looked down at me, and I took a glimpse at his cigarette. He obliged to my silent request, and threw the cigarette to the ground. I stepped on it.

"Pat, you're the first girl to drive me insane." Marlon said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I'm pretty sure you were insane when I met you." I laughed, Marlon shook his head and laughed along with me for the first time in this conversation.

"I want you. And I don't want you to be with anyone else." Marlon proposed.

"If you won't do that for me, I can't do that for you. I'm sorry." I honestly told him. He pierced his lips together look up one of the nearby skyscrapers. His jaw tensed as he thought to himself.

"Pat, I'm in a little trouble." Marlon told me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, rubbing the nape of his neck as my hands were slung around him. Marlon looked down at his feet.

"I mean that I got involved with a few guys, and because of that, your beef became my beef." He admitted, I looked into his eyes.

"I don't understand." I sighed and he shook is head.

"Just stay with me tonight." Marlon asked of me. "I just don't want to be alone."

I pondered whether or not I should stay with him. Something in me was telling me to cut all contact and get him the hell out of my life. Of course, what would never work, because I was addicted to him. He was what gave me excitement at that point in my life. And especially then, I trusted him with everything.

"Alright." I answered.