03. walrus boy

in which the talking begins!

NOT THAT LONG after Wyatt asks his unanswered question, a loud noise comes from the back of the room. Jeremy turns around first to see what it is.

There, the messy, full-funeral dressed kid sits. His bangs swoop over one of his eyes and he holds his hand up to his mouth. At this point, everyone had been staring him down. They beg with their eyes for him to stop. But he doesn't.

"You keep eating your hand and you're not gonna be hungry for lunch." Finn sarcastically comments. Jaeden spits a nail at him.

Finn immediately glares while pointing a finger at the strange kid. "I've seen you before, y'know..."

He turns his attention back towards what was a head of him: a full frontal look at Skarsgard's office.

    "Who do you think I am?" Finn hears. He looks over to see the fudge round boy playing with a pen. "Who are you? Who are you?"

    Wyatt and Jack slowly turn around as they also hear the kid. They see Jeremy stick a pen in his mouth, daydreaming away.

    His eyes stare up at the ceiling while his jaw starts to move up and down.

    "I'm a walrus." He says to himself. He continues to move his jaw for a minute or so until he feels multiple pairs of eyes looking at him.

    Jeremy stops and stares at Finn, who gives him an annoyed look in exchange. He grabs the pen out of his mouth and nervously chuckles.

    Jack turns back around in his seat and stares down at his blank sheet of paper. He huffs and taps his finger against his arm while thinking.

His eyes glance over, taking a peek of the paper beside him. He notices that the kid already started writing.

    "Y'know.. no one else is gonna write their paper," he whispers, "so you really don't have to."

    "Wow, never thought I'd hear that from you. Mama's boy." Wyatt replies, not bothering to look up.

He finishes a sentence, dots the period and looks over. "I'm just killing time."

Poor mama's boy's cheeks start to turn into a shade of light red as Wyatt returns to his paper. He huffs and slouches back in his chair as his brain starts to think again.

    Finn shifts uncomfortably in his denim jacket, beginning to feel warm. As he goes to take it off, something catches his eye. He looks over to see walrus boy doing the same thing. They both pause.

    Jeremy throws his jacket back over his shoulders and he feels a threatening vibe come from Finn's glare. It doesn't go away. He chuckles poorly again.

    "It's the shits, huh?"

    Finn continues to take off his jacket and finally turns away. He stares ahead at the back of the ginger's head and an idea strikes his mind.

He takes a hold of the blank sheet of paper in front of him and crumbles it into a ball. He chucks it over her head.

Both Chosen and Sophia see this, but don't care enough to acknowledge it. Finn shrugs and then smiles slyly.