12. the problems of a basket case

in which problems are spilt.

    "ARE ALL THESE your girlfriends?" Sophia asks, flipping through Finn's wallet pictures.

    Finn sits next to her, brushing his teeth with one of her cosmetic brushes while using one of her small hand mirrors.

    "Some of them."

    "What about the others?"

    "Well, some of them I consider my girlfriends and some.. I just consider.." he trails off.

    Sophia watches as he puts down the brush and mirror and look at the many spread out items on the table.

    "Consider what?" She asks. Finn picks up a bottle of perfume.

    "Whether or not, I wanna hang out with them."

    "You don't believe in just one guy, one girl?"

    "Do you?"

    "Yeah. That's the way it should be."

    "Well not for me..."

    "Why not?"

    Finn looks away and glances back down at what was on the table. Sophia could tell that he didn't want to answer that, but she became curious.

    "How come you have so much shit in your purse?" Finn asks, picking up one thing at a time. Sophia narrows her eyes.

    "How come you got so many girlfriends?"

    Finn looks over. "I asked you first."

    Sophia sighs while shrugging. "I dunno. I guess I just never throw anything away."

    Finn grins. "Neither do I."

    Sophia rolls her eyes and glances over at Jeremy, who sits on the floor and stares at the ceiling. Wyatt sits in the chair right by him, half asleep and giggling.

    "This is the worst fake ID I've ever seen," Chosen tells Jack. Jack laughs. "Do you realize you've made yourself sixty eight?"

    Jack nods. "Oh.. I know.. I know, I goofed it."

    "Why do you need a fake ID anyways?"

    "I don't know," Jack shrugs. "My cousin gave it to me for my birthday. Said I could vote with it if I wanted to."

    "You wanna see what's in my bag?" Jaeden asks.

    Jack and Chosen raises their hands simultaneously and say: "No."

    Jaeden gives off a look of hurt. Then he takes off his book bag and unzips it. He dumps what was inside out and onto the couch, despite of what they had said.

    Chosen and Jack look at the pile of crap that came from his bag. Many different items — none alike — could be seen. Such as underwear, cut out pictures from magazines, condoms, pictures of girls, locks, and more.