08. lunch & a show

in which six of the seven have their lunch. + entertainment from finn.

    "WHAT'S IN THERE?"

    Not long after Sophia made her remark about guys being virgins, Chosen and Jaeden had returned with seven Cokes for everyone.

    Sophia pulls out a small shopping bag and places it on the table. She starts digging through it and glances over at Finn, who sits in the middle of her and Chosen.

    "Guess, where's your lunch?"

    Finn smirks. "You're wearing it."

    "You're nauseating."

    Finn picks up a Coke and throws it over to Jaeden, who catches it one-handed without looking. Then he turns his attention back on Sophia, who takes out a sushi platter.

    "What's that?" He asks, pointing at the small rolls. Sophia picks up the provided chopsticks and looks over at Finn, confused.

    "Sushi."

   "Sushi?"

    "Rice, uh, raw fish and seaweed."

    Finn starts to look disgusted. "You won't accept a guy's tongue in your mouth and you're gonna eat that?"

    "Can I eat?"

    "I don't know.. give it a try."

    Chosen grabs his large grocery bag from earlier and starts to dig through it. He pulls out multiple sandwiches, a bag of chips, an apple, banana, a bag of cookies and a carton of milk.

    Wyatt sees this and then turns around to his own lunch. A packet of pop tarts. Then he glances over to Jack, who unzips his lunchbox.

    The first thing he sees when he opens it is a small note from his mom. Wyatt tries not to stare but he can't help but try to read it.

    Jack finishes reading the note and smiles some before taking out a couple of packed food items.

    In the back, Jaeden opens up his Coke that starts to fizz over the top. He leans his head down, sipping up the small puddle on top of the can and on the table.

    Chosen feels a pair of eyes on him and glances over, seeing Finn stare at him.

    "What's your problem?"

    Jaeden takes out a packed sandwich and takes off one of the slices of bread. He picks up the single slice of bologna and throws it up into the air. It lands on on the sculpture above.

    Then he takes out a pixie stick and opens it up. He starts to pour the sugar on the sandwich, replacing the bologna. Then he gets some Cap'n Crunch and crushes it on top of that.

    Jaeden takes the slice of bread and puts it back on top of his masterpiece. He squishes it down together and takes a loud bite into the sandwich, grabbing everyone's attention. He stops in the middle of his bite and stares at them until they look away.

    Finn stands up from his seat and moves over towards Jeremy. He sits down in the chair next to him and scoots over closer, taking his bag.

    "What're we having?"

    "Uh, it's your standard regular lunch.. I guess."

    Finn reaches into the bag and pulls out a thermos. He puts it onto the table and nods at it.

    "Milk?" He questions. Jeremy shakes his head.

    "Soup."

    Then Finn reaches his hand in the bag again, pulling out a small box of apple juice. Jeremy tries to reach for the bag but Finn slaps his hand away.

    "That's uh, apple juice." Jeremy says, holding his own hand. Finn scoffs.

    "I can read! PB&J with the crusts cut off... well Jeremy, this is a very nutritious lunch, all the food groups are represented. Did your mother marry Mr. Rodgers?"

    Jeremy starts to feel uneasy. "No, uh, Mr. Taylor."

    "Ahhh."

    Chosen and Sophia look at each other and quietly laugh while smiling. Finn stands up from his seat and moves to the back of the room.

    "Here's my impression at big Jerbear's house..." He gets his jitters out and smiles mockingly.

    "Son!... Yeah Dad?... How's your day, pal?... Great dad, how's yours?... Super, say son, how'd you like to go fishing this weekend?... Great dad, but I've got homework to do!... That's alright son, you can do it on the boat!... Gee!... Dear, isn't our son swell?... Yes Dear... isn't life swell?"

    Finn finishes his impression off my pretending like Jeremy's mother and father were kissing. And then pretending as if Jeremy' father punched his mother in the face. Suddenly, it wasn't funny.

    Chosen sees Jeremy frown and then gazes up at Finn. "Alright, what about your family?"

    "Oh, mine?"

    "Yeah."

    "That's real easy." Finn says while moving to the back by the sculpture. This time, he doesn't take a deep breath.

    "Stupid, worthless, no good, God damned, freeloading, son of a bitch, retarded, bigmouth, know it all, asshole, jerk!... You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful..." Finn pauses to moves his hand back to slap his invisible mother.

    "Shut up, bitch, go fix me a turkey pot pie... What about you, Dad?... Fuck you!... No, dad, what about you?... Fuck you!... No, dad, what about you... Fuck you!" Finn pretends like he's his father hitting him.

    Jack looks shocked. "Is that for real?"

    Finn looks at him. "Wanna come over sometime?"

    "That's bullshit," Chosen says, "it's all part of your image, I don't believe a word of it."

    Finn gives a look of hurt. "You don't believe me?"

    "No."

    "No?"

    "Did I stutter?" Chosen questions. Finn starts walking towards him and rolls up his sleeve, revealing a circle shaped burn.

    "Do you believe this? Huh?" He spits. "It's about the size of a cigar... Do I stutter? You see, this is what you get in my house when you spill paint in the garage."

    Finn starts to walk away. "See, I don't think that I need to sit here with you fuckin' dildos anymore!"

    He goes over to a map table and angrily throws all of the maps to the floor, scaring Jack for about the third time that day. Then he climbs up on top of the cleared table and onto the second floor balcony.

     His feet dangle down but he rests his head against the bars of the fence. He lets out a distressing sigh.

    "You shouldn't have said that." Sophia tells Chosen.

    "How would I know, I mean, he lies about everything anyway."