16. who is he

in which our story comes to a close.

    "Jeremy?" Sophia says while glancing beside her at the boy. He looks up from his dangling feet.

    "Yeah?"

    After the song ended from earlier, Finn had climbed back through the ceiling seeing as it was almost time to go. The other six didn't do much after he left.

    Now they sit on the railing. Chosen, Jaeden, Wyatt, Jack, Sophia and Jeremy. Just in that same exact order.

    "Are you going to write your paper?"

    "Yeah, why?"

    "Well, it's kind of a waste for all of us to write our paper, don't you think?" Sophia says with a shrug.

    "Oh, but that's what Skarsgard wants us to do..."

    "True.. but I think we'd all kind of say the same thing."

    The four on Sophia's right mumble and nod, agreeing with what she had to say. Jeremy gives them a suspicious look.

    "You just don't want write your paper... Right?"

    "True, but you're the smartest, right?"

    "Oh.. well." Jeremy scoffs and starts to blush.

    "We trust you."

    Jeremy stops laughing to look at the other four down the rail. Chosen, Wyatt, Jack and Jaeden all nod along with Sophia. Jeremy nods and looks at Sophia with a small smile.

    "Alright, I'll do it."

    "Great." Sophia says.

    Jeremy hops off of the railing and goes over to the table he'd sat at that morning. Sophia begins to hum a tune, bored out of her mind.

    Wyatt looks over at Jaeden, who looks back. And an idea pops into his mind.

    "Come on," Wyatt says to him, lightly grabbing his sleeve. "Sophia?"

    Sophia turns her head. "Yeah?"

    Wyatt gives her a certain look and expression while gesturing towards Jaeden with his eyes. She smiles and nods.

    "Where're we going?" Jaeden asks. Wyatt smiles and nods for him to come down off of the railing.

    "Come on!"

    Sophia and Wyatt take Jaeden and his bag of superstitious things into one of the separate rooms in the library. They set him down on a table and Wyatt digs into Sophia's handbag.

    Sophia holds her hand out. "Scissors?"

    "Scissors." Wyatt says, handing her a small, sharp and polished pair.

    Sophia takes a hold of Jaeden's bangs and holds them between her index and middle finger. Jaeden closes his eyes as instructed by Wyatt.