06. only time

in which the seven try to pass time.

    "GO FISH." JACK says to Wyatt, who picks up another card out of the stack. Jack glances over to read the clock on the wall.

    It reads a quarter to eight and he lets out a groan when returning to the game. He picks up a card after Wyatt tells him to "go fish".

    Jeremy tries looking over their shoulders to see what they were up to. He'd been busy before, playing with his hair and.. well, other things.

    "Do you mind I guys join?" He questions. They shrug and give him a weird look before he gets up from his seat to join them.

    Meanwhile, Finn has his feet kicked up and on the surface of the table. He pulls out a match and strikes it onto his shoe, catching it on fire. He reaches into his pocket, pulling out a cigarette, and lights it.

    The smell of smoke creeps up on Sophia as she sits at the table and thinks. She starts to cough and swat away the smoke. Then she glances over at Chosen, who plays with his hoodie's strings.

    In the back, Jaeden had tugged a small piece of string off of his jacket. He extends his index finger and starts wrapping the string around the tip. He pokes the end as it starts to turn purple.

    Later on, he sketches out a drawing — a very good one, not to mention — of bridge with a cover. Once he finishes the last bit of details, he leans his head over and shakes dandruff onto the paper.

    Jeremy and the other two give up on go fish and start falling asleep, and so does Sophia and Chosen.

    And in the end, they all fall asleep.

    Later on, Skarsgard starts to feel as if something was up. He doesn't hear any commotion since he left earlier, and decides to get up and check on things.

   He walks across the hall and towards the closed doors of the library. He opens one up and steps inside, seeing that they fell asleep.

    "Wake up!" He says loudly. The seven blink their eyes awake. "Who has to go to the lavatory?"

    Everyone raises their hands.

    Let's skip to later in the day.

    Jack glances at the clock again, seeing that the time was now 10:22. Again, he groans and turns back to Wyatt, who draws a circle that poses as a head.

    "Guess aga—"

    The sound of tearing paper interrupts Wyatt's sentence and the two turn around to see Finn sit on the railing like before. He rips pages out of a book and tosses them behind and over the place.

    "That's real intelligent." Chosen comments as he stretches out his leg. Finn glares at him while ripping out another page.

    "You're right," he pauses to throw the pages up into the air. "It's wrong to destroy literature."

    He rips out another page. "It's such fun to read and Molet really pumps my nads!"

    Sophia shakes her head and says: "Mol-yare."

    Jeremy glances over, standing by the shelves behind Finn. "I love his work."

    Finn glances over his shoulder and tosses what was left of the book at Jeremy. Then he picks up the card catalog holder and starts going through the cards.

    "Big deal," he mutters, "nothing to do when you're locked in a vacancy."

    "Speak for yourself." Chosen mumbles. Finn gives him a dirty look.